Looking fof XL600R Side covers

5 replies to this topic
  • JohnBG

Posted January 05, 2006 - 01:54 PM

I am looking for a set of the plastic side covers for an '85 to '87 XL600R. My '87 project bike did not have a set that came with the bike. Anybody got a set laying around their garage or new a source I can find them (preferable cheap). I don't care if they are suffed or don't have decals. Planning on repainting them anyway. FWIW, I'm already parusing eBay for them with no success so far.

• knuklehead

Posted January 05, 2006 - 07:56 PM

maier plastic

• JohnBG

Posted January 05, 2006 - 09:21 PM

maier plastic

Looked there... They don't seem to have anything for the XL600R on their website.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LotsOfBikes

Posted January 07, 2006 - 01:33 AM

www.servicehonda.com

Honda generally keeps a back-stock of 20 years for motorcycle parts.

• TODDY13

Posted April 11, 2006 - 08:57 AM

david silver spares stock left hand panels but right hand panels are out of stock
i am looking for a rh panel for my bike at the moment

• cleonard

Posted April 11, 2006 - 09:21 AM

When looking on ebay, you will see that some people are parting the whole bike. They will have lots of parts all together. If you don't see what you are looking for, send the guy an email and ask for the part that you want. Sometimes they don't list everything they have. I've found plenty of things that way.

Plastic side covers can be hard to find for any bike. They seem to be one of the first things to get lost or damaged. It might take a while and cost more than you are planning to spend, but a set will show up on ebay sooner or later. Just keep checking twice a week or so.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.