GYT-R AIS Removal kit??

5 replies to this topic

Posted January 05, 2006 - 11:15 AM

Does anyone know of a dealership that has any of these in stock? I have had one on backorder since November.
Thank you.

• BajaFool

Posted January 05, 2006 - 12:45 PM

You can order direct from Yamaha Motor Corp. Here is the link to the AIS Removal Kit http://www.yamaha-mo...0/0/detail.aspx If this link doesn't work, go to look up WR450F and click on Accessories.
Hard to believe that you can't find a Yamaha dealer with one of these in stock in your local area. Try mail order 1-888-929-9111
Their store, Motoworld, is in El Cajon, CA 1-619-442-0941. It's a big store. They were hanging on the rack the last time I was in to buy parts.

• rich1167

Posted January 05, 2006 - 01:51 PM

Plug the 3 hoses that go to it if you have to wait. You can get a yz throttle stop or cut your current one. If you do a search you can find the size to cut to.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • eductor

Posted January 05, 2006 - 02:28 PM

How difficult would it be to make your own plugs that is needed when to remove the "AIS"
Can someone show pictures of the "AIS Removal kit"

• rich1167

Posted January 05, 2006 - 02:39 PM

If you had a small shop lathe you could make them out of aluminum stock. I have installed mine so I don't have pic's. You would need to measure the bore for the pipe on the intake and exhaust ports and make them about the same size for a snug fit. You need to leave a lip on the end as a stop. Then get a plastic plug for the intake boot. You could find something I am sure at an auto parts store. If you didn't care about looks you might be able to find plastic plugs and just plug the hoses with the plugs and use hose clamps.

Posted January 05, 2006 - 03:52 PM

Thank you for the suggestions. :applause:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.