Air Filter Seal?

12 replies to this topic
  • marcusmoberg

Posted January 04, 2006 - 08:17 PM

[COLOR=Blue]undefined[/COLOR] I have K&N filter in my WR400F!

I was wondering is there any special air box part that would seal the air filter better?

My Renthal 14/47 sprockets and 520 gold o-ring chain will come tommorrow!

I am very excited to be getting new sprockets, chain and Maxxis tire to be put on my WR400F!

:applause:

• Matty05

Posted January 04, 2006 - 08:28 PM

I don't know about the K&N but for normal air filters there is a product called proseal, or people use a smear of grease around the rim of the air filter.

• Shutterdragon

Posted January 04, 2006 - 08:31 PM

No toil also makes some designed to seal it but be warned that stuffs STRONG! takes veary little and comes in a package, if you buy the no toil cleaner bundle its cheaper.

• drewpeacock

Posted January 05, 2006 - 06:17 AM

I was wondering is there any special air box part that would seal the air filter better?

I am very excited to be getting new sprockets, chain and Maxxis tire to be put on my WR400F!

You should be able to keep up with the neighbor kids pw50 with all the new bling! :bonk:

• marcusmoberg

Posted January 05, 2006 - 02:23 PM

I should be able to smoke anybody!

100 MPH +

• drewpeacock

Posted January 05, 2006 - 02:27 PM

:applause: :bonk: :cry: :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted January 05, 2006 - 02:37 PM

100 MPH +

:bonk:

Standard 14/50 gearing goes about 150km/h (93mph)!
14/47 should crank, I'd say about 170km/h (105mph) as I can do this with 15/50, which is a bee's dick away from 14/47. :applause:

• 642MX

Posted January 05, 2006 - 04:30 PM

I have been using the Pro Seal for a couple years and it still looks/feels like new. Its much easier than dealing with grease.

• snakesausage

Posted January 05, 2006 - 09:53 PM

I agree with Shutterdragon, the No-Toil is like glue, you have to be very careful when removing your filter because it will tear.

• firezwr426

Posted January 06, 2006 - 05:38 AM

100 MPH +

:bonk:

c'mon marcus you now your mom dosen't let you go that fast.... :applause:

• NuckingFuts

Posted January 06, 2006 - 09:30 AM

I agree with Shutterdragon, the No-Toil is like glue, you have to be very careful when removing your filter because it will tear.

You guys are kidding right? :applause:
I used that crap once and it barely stuck to my filter. I had to work it in just so it wouldnt fall off before inserting the filter. I'll stick with belray.

• simch

Posted January 11, 2006 - 08:03 PM

Use a filter walrus, Marcus, its a bit beefier than a filter seal.

You need to make sure you only ride with at least a 100mph tail wind, at all times, otherwise the air will not keep up with your immense speed, and your bike will run too rich.

• bluebike1999

Posted January 12, 2006 - 02:31 AM

be careful if you blow a seal......

it may fall in love with you.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.