How-TO:

7 replies to this topic
  • ISBB

Posted January 04, 2006 - 04:18 PM

Feel like a dumbass and ask how to remove front wheel and forks... First time taking the front end apart so im curious as to how it goes..

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted January 04, 2006 - 04:24 PM

Very Easy - What bike/model would help...

• ISBB

Posted January 04, 2006 - 04:25 PM

02 wr426

• ISBB

Posted January 04, 2006 - 07:49 PM

so easy no one wants to help... i suppose ill figure it out

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted January 04, 2006 - 08:32 PM

that is easy mate, undo the nut on the wheel, undo the bolts on the bottom of the fork legs that hold the axle, remove the axle and the front wheel comes off.

remove brake caliper from left fork leg, remove plastic protectors from that fork leg. undo bolts on top and bottom triple clamp and the fork legs comes out. Should be a 5 - 10 min job.

• ISBB

Posted January 05, 2006 - 01:27 PM

5-10 min for a pro... 1hr for a ameture taking his time and cleaning things up along the way..

Lots of fork oil and sand and grit and nasties everywhere...

Also had to remove the rear wheel and some other parts as well... but all is good...

• drewpeacock

Posted January 05, 2006 - 02:24 PM

5-10 min for a pro... 1hr for a ameture taking his time and cleaning things up along the way..

Lots of fork oil and sand and grit and nasties everywhere...

Also had to remove the rear wheel and some other parts as well... but all is good...

I try to get the bike as clean as I can before I start taking the bike apart. :applause:

• ISBB

Posted January 05, 2006 - 02:27 PM

I had lots of hidden sand/forkoil mixed everywhere so lots of brake kleen.. :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.