Yes another jetting carb ? but a good one

2 replies to this topic
  • snowboardstylee

Posted January 04, 2006 - 03:04 PM

Hey,
i have noticed that jet kits are seriously different
between the years 03/04 and 05, and again between 05 and 06

ok i can understand the new kit for 06. totally new bike design.

thought the 04 and 05 were pretty much identicle. dont they share
the same carb.. did they change carb styles?.

does anyone know what the stock main jet was in the 03, the 04

Yamha says the stock main in the 2005. is #165 and needle is NFLR-4 and a #45 pilot jet in a 39 mm FCR

Dynojet cant tell me what the stock jetting is. Im sure they can but are too lazy i called them today they just told me what needle and jets come in their kit.

no specs out on the 2006 and i really dont care. I have a 2004 anyone know what was stock on that so i dont have to hunt thru thousands of jetting forum posts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted January 04, 2006 - 04:18 PM

no specs out on the 2006 and i really dont care. I have a 2004 anyone know what was stock on that so i dont have to hunt thru thousands of jetting forum posts.

Go here and pull up the parts list for the '04 and you can see the STD jets listed

http://www.yamaha-mo...parts/home.aspx

• snowboardstylee

Posted January 04, 2006 - 04:33 PM

cool thanks. so looks like 165 across the board but there is a different needle between the 2004 and the 2005 and the pilot jet is different 2004 was a 42 2005 was a 45
interesting cause the gearing is the same the motor is the same the carb is the same the wheels are the same everything is the same . just the jetting is a tiny bit different. FMF lied to me TT. they told me put in a 165 main jet. DURHHH it came stock.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.