oil coming from vent hose on top of head

4 replies to this topic
  • XRrider62

Posted January 04, 2006 - 01:57 PM

Just wondering if someone familiar with 01 YZ426 could tell me what could be happening. When I run my yz, oil comes out of the vent hose that attaches to the top of the head. I don't have oil in the water or vise-versa. thanks for any suggestions. It's not alot of oil but it is a nuisance.

• grayracer513

Posted January 04, 2006 - 02:02 PM

Small amounts are normal, like a few drops after a hard ride. How much is there?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XRrider62

Posted January 04, 2006 - 02:12 PM

Small amounts are normal, like a few drops after a hard ride. How much is there?

Well, there's enough to make a mess on the frame. And it was'nt ridden hard at all.

• grayracer513

Posted January 04, 2006 - 03:03 PM

When it gets to be an excess, it's usually one of two things. One is a gross overfill. This is a little harder to do accidentally with a 426 than a 450 because of where the filler is, but if you go beyond about 2qts total, it will start barfing some.

The other isn't that simple; tired rings. Too much blow by will increase the amount of outflow from the breather. New rings are the only fix. Check another one and be sure it's really excessive.

• 642MX

Posted January 04, 2006 - 06:54 PM

Mine pukes when overfilled with oil. I don't think it hurts anything.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.