06 WR 450 questions

27 replies to this topic
  • twenty34

Posted January 11, 2006 - 04:16 PM

ok thanks...Someone said they tried mounting the muffler and it didn't work so I was going by what he said. So many different answers...

The muffler is a "slip-on" which means it fits the stock header.
It does fit the stock header which just happens to be the same diameter as the GYT-R header. Funny that, yamaha using optomised tubing sizes. My procircuit muffler from the Ti GP system just about fits on the stock header. The stock header is just fine.

The '06 WR is no different than the '03. Only '06 YZ's different to '03 - '05 450's.

• Matty05

Posted January 11, 2006 - 04:32 PM

Hey guys i have another question here about the maintenance of my bike...yesterday after i had purchased my bike and was leaving, the service guy and sales guy were telling me to come back exactly ten hours after riding my bike...i was told that the "ten hour" service is thee most important one of them all and to make sure that i bring the bike in for a full check up...240 bucks is what i recall hearing coming out of the dealers mouth...is this right or are they trying to get over on me? what are they going to do with my bike and what exactly is the ten hour service?

It is important to them that they get your 240 bucks!
What they going to do, change the oil? :applause:
I bet you they don't even check valve clearances.

• LTK300

Posted January 11, 2006 - 04:33 PM

Hey guys i have another question here about the maintenance of my bike...yesterday after i had purchased my bike and was leaving, the service guy and sales guy were telling me to come back exactly ten hours after riding my bike...i was told that the "ten hour" service is thee most important one of them all and to make sure that i bring the bike in for a full check up...240 bucks is what i recall hearing coming out of the dealers mouth...is this right or are they trying to get over on me? what are they going to do with my bike and what exactly is the ten hour service?

Sounds like the same thing I was told. I went ahead with it mainly to make sure the valves were in good adjustment. I think I paid about 185.

• twenty34

Posted January 11, 2006 - 08:35 PM

I was never told anything like this from the dealer when I purchased mine. Curious what the real deal is?

Sounds like the same thing I was told. I went ahead with it mainly to make sure the valves were in good adjustment. I think I paid about 185.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted January 11, 2006 - 09:52 PM

I was never told anything like this from the dealer when I purchased mine. Curious what the real deal is?

DIY! that is the real deal. :applause:
I would change the oil, filter and check your valves for $150!
Just gimme an hour.............

• 05BlackTaco

Posted January 11, 2006 - 11:39 PM

So do you think i should take it in? I don't even know how to change my own oil and filter and don't know how to check my valve adjustments... can you tell me if i should go easy on the bike or is it okay to just get on the gas already? How do you know when to shift gears since there is no rpm gauge? and lastly is it normal for my bike to stall while in neutral? isn't the bike supposed to idle? when i ride the bike around my neighborhood and i just want to turn around, the engine shuts off when i put the clutch and let off the gas..is this normal? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks.

• OneToGo

Posted January 14, 2006 - 01:55 AM

Reading this with interest as I have just looked at the GYT-R exhaust parts as a viable (and hopefully quieter options) to add more low down ..than the standard pipe.
According to the parts list on the yamaha-motor.com.au site, the Oval muffler and header (in combination I think, although not stated) supposedly add 3hp low down and 1.5 up top - Decibel level is not mentioned, however, they do list the noise levels for other GYT-R mufflers.
Quiet performance pipes - oxymorons?

• Matty05

Posted January 14, 2006 - 03:58 AM

Reading this with interest as I have just looked at the GYT-R exhaust parts as a viable (and hopefully quieter options) to add more low down ..than the standard pipe.
According to the parts list on the yamaha-motor.com.au site, the Oval muffler and header (in combination I think, although not stated) supposedly add 3hp low down and 1.5 up top - Decibel level is not mentioned, however, they do list the noise levels for other GYT-R mufflers.
Quiet performance pipes - oxymorons?

the propower one is quieter than the oval one.
Both mufflers are great. I think theose gains are for the YZ, which means the WR benefits alot more from them. The stock muffler is that bad, any muffler change results in a good gain everywhere.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.