Rear Shock problems

3 replies to this topic
  • jethro

Posted January 04, 2006 - 12:14 PM

I have a 99 model WF400 and the rear shock will only move a couple of inches down and the shock does'nt spring back up. I'm confused as to why this is going on,any info would be appreciated.

• hankdog

Posted January 04, 2006 - 01:02 PM

I'd disassemble, check, and lube or replace all the bearings in the swingarm and linkage.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted January 04, 2006 - 06:15 PM

I have a 99 model WF400 and the rear shock will only move a couple of inches down and the shock does'nt spring back up. I'm confused as to why this is going on,any info would be appreciated.

rebound clicker ports must be blocked with crap. The oil can get real thick and gluggy when old and crap. How long has it been since the shock had a service?

• Matty05

Posted January 04, 2006 - 06:22 PM

You might have a gas leak too, could have nothing pushing the piston back up in reservoir.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.