will an 03 rekluse work in my 98?

5 replies to this topic
  • racejmac

Posted January 04, 2006 - 09:45 AM

I can pick up a rekluse for an 03 cheap, what are the differences between it and the one available for the 98?

• byggd

Posted January 04, 2006 - 11:58 AM

Here is a link to their site Rekluse The p/n for the 400 is different from the 426 or the 450. Give them a call and ask, maybe there is only a slight difference. :bonk: They have GREAT customer service :applause:

• TeamScream

Posted January 04, 2006 - 12:56 PM

It has to be different because I want a slipper clutch on my 426 so bad I cant stand it and if the clutches were the same from 01 to 03 I could do it but there is a difference so I cant imagine a rekluse would be any different.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • racejmac

Posted January 04, 2006 - 02:45 PM

Yep it's different... Dang

• caffd01

Posted January 04, 2006 - 06:59 PM

Hey Racejmac,
I'm looking for a Rekluse for my 03 WR450. If you can't use the one you have a line on, any chance you could put me in contact with the seller?

Thanks
Don

• xr_man

Posted January 04, 2006 - 10:50 PM

It has to be different because I want a slipper clutch on my 426 so bad I cant stand it and if the clutches were the same from 01 to 03 I could do it but there is a difference so I cant imagine a rekluse would be any different.

the 450 has an extra plate in it over the 426 ...if you fit the 450 basket and then space the cluch cover out with 3 gaskets ...you can have your slipper clutch :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.