Late Rear Master Cylinder on Early WR/YZ?

3 replies to this topic
  • slipnslide

Posted January 04, 2006 - 07:05 AM

Has anyone installed the later one piece rear brake master cylinder (the reservoir is part of the master cylinder casting) on an earlier bike that came with the remote reservoir master cylinder? Does the later unit fit? Are there any problems making it fit? :applause:
As you probably know, the earlier remote reservoir tends to melt and leak. I have a 2000 WR400 and I want to install the later (2003 and later I think) rear master cylinder so I don't have to replace the reservoir each time it melts.
I know the one piece master cylinder appeared on the '03 bikes. Are all the later ones (03, 04, & 05) the same?
Thanks for any advice you can give me! :bonk:

• ncampion

Posted January 04, 2006 - 07:13 AM

I'm waiting to hear the answer, I want to do the same thing. My guess is that it is a bolt-on.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hankdog

Posted January 04, 2006 - 11:59 AM

If it helps any, I just went out to the garage to measure the center to center distance on the rear master cyl. mounting bolts for my '05 WR. It appears to be 2", or more likely 50mm. If your current mount has this bolt spacing, the new one will probably fit.

• TeamScream

Posted January 04, 2006 - 12:54 PM

its a direct bolt on....there have been quite a few guys upgrade just to lose the reservoir.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.