Road Bike Front Wheel XR600

3 replies to this topic
  • Gigerchild

Posted January 04, 2006 - 01:46 AM

Hi

And happy new year to all!!

Just a quick question. What road bike front wheels will fit on a 88 XR600, want to get a motard sort of thing happening, and what about brake disc any mods required to fit wheel? :applause:

• Shawn_Mc

Posted January 04, 2006 - 08:50 AM

You're probably going to have to lace a different rim to your stock hub.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XRidiculous

Posted January 04, 2006 - 05:21 PM

Not true,

I saw a picture of an XR600 with I think, CBR600 wheels, and they were way cool. Wish I had a link to show you. I think this is the best way-because Motard Rims are basically $1000, so a set of salvage rims would be way cheaper, IMHO..

• Tweeek

Posted January 20, 2006 - 06:41 PM

http://www.supermoto...ighlight=xr600*

http://www.scott-world.com/XR650R/

I am in the process of motarding my 89' XR600R. I plan to swap out the entire front end (forks, brakes, wheel, triples, calipers, etc.) with that from an early 90's VFR. The VFR triple clamp requires the use of a modified XR centershaft to accept available tapered roller bearings. If you are interested in this, check out the second link. Even though it is for an Xr650R, you will get an idea for what is necessary. VERY INFORMATIVE!! He adapted an entire F3 front end. If you only choose to swap out the front wheel, you will most likely have to spec wheel bearings, make wheel spacers, as well as fabricate a bracket to relocate your brake caliper due to the larger brake rotor of your "street" wheel. A stock Honda Hawk (NT650) rotor is (I believe) 320mm. SuperMotoJunkie.com has LOTS of great info for street conversions! I'll post up picks as I make more progress. For the rear I plan on using an F2/F3. I haven't decided... The F2 is a 4.5" while the F3 is a 5" rear. I also plan on setting up my front end so I swap out only the front wheel if I find myself doing a lot of offroad this summer.

Anyway, If you are interested I'll post pictures when I make more progress.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  181 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.