Fuel Mixture screw replacement

3 replies to this topic
  • snowboardstylee

Posted January 03, 2006 - 04:43 PM

anyone know if i have to remove the carb totally to replace the fuel mix screw with a live-in adjuster like the zip-ty or the SRP .

this is what im talking about im sure most of you know. but for the ones that dont..

• Matt96xr6

Posted January 03, 2006 - 05:01 PM

no, you can do that on the bike. Be sure you install the oring, washer, spring then screw back into the carb

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • snowboardstylee

Posted January 03, 2006 - 05:05 PM

what is the best thing to use to remove the stock one ?

• flintlock28

Posted January 03, 2006 - 05:30 PM

I bought a "stubby" screwdriver that I had to further grind down to make it short enough to reach up into the recess. The most difficult thing is to not lose the "o" ring, or for the "o" ring to stay stuck up in the recess when everything else comes down.

I recommend you put a white towel or other light colored rag below the carb's recess, so that if anything falls down, you'll be able to see it. You may also need a dental pick to extract the "o" ring if it won't come down. I used the Zip-ty fuel screw, and it's well worth the money. Some people also recommend that you slightly stretch the spring before re-installing it. The reason is, that some have complained about the screws loosening up after riding for awhile, and stretching the spring very lightly helps to keep it in under tension.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.