What was that!

5 replies to this topic
  • Motosprtman

Posted January 03, 2006 - 11:53 AM

yesterday while riding my 650L I noted a - almost a backfire - after downshifting then turning onto another road and shifting back up into 3,4, 5 think it was between 3-4 when I rolled off the throttle when this happened. One other time it seemed to hesitate once only mildly. I think that it is because it has been sitting for weeks at a time (2-3) before I start and ride it. This bike is uncorked with the exception of the smog junk removed and running a UNI filter, has 1,300 miles on it.

• roadcam

Posted January 03, 2006 - 01:59 PM

sometimes old gas will cause that ...

• Motosprtman

Posted January 04, 2006 - 06:13 AM

Yup, I agree... I refueled with fresh gas (92 octane) and all seemed fine after that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted January 04, 2006 - 09:18 AM

sometimes old gas will cause that ...

...or tamales. :applause:

• Eric Henion

Posted January 04, 2006 - 05:03 PM

I agree with the bad gas. I also see that you have a bike from my youth a 1975 XL125. That was the first bike that I ever owned. Bought it for 20 dollars in 1984

• Motosprtman

Posted January 05, 2006 - 06:16 AM

Yup great little trail / woods bikes. Twas an e-bay buy for 500.00, I think they were frustrated with it and could not get it to run right, all I did was a carb dissassembly inspection / service, and a tune up, new points assembly and plug. Also adjusted the carb, they had the air screw bottomed out. Purs like a kitten now, putt, putt, putt...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.