how fast

10 replies to this topic
  • Tom81

Posted January 03, 2006 - 07:48 AM

Hi,
How fast do you guys think it is safe to ride om the R without a steering stabilizer installed??

I have been going around 140-150 km/h... didn't feel much for going faster :applause:

• roadcam

Posted January 03, 2006 - 08:15 AM

it all depends on your particular bike, and its condition ... ride however you feel secure ... go with your gut .. :applause:

• Wheels up

Posted January 03, 2006 - 09:05 AM

Hi,
How fast do you guys think it is safe to ride om the R without a steering stabilizer installed??

I have been going around 140-150 km/h... didn't feel much for going faster :applause:

On or offroad?

If you rip like that off road i would definatley get one. On road it depends on how you drive in the twisty stuff i guess. Just get one and be done with it i guess.

• Supplicate

Posted January 03, 2006 - 09:51 AM

IMO, it depends on your suspension set up.

IF you have your suspension dialed, it will soak up a lot of things that a damper will help on. I experienced this earlier this summer prior to ordering the damper, had just finished tuning the suspension and nailed a big rock, amazed at how little deflection I had on the front wheel.

Now... with that said... I'll never ride another bike off road over 40mph without a damper. Headshake is no longer a worry, I don't have to be on the ragged edge of control when blasting through the ruts, and when you hit the highway and pin it, you can take one hand off the grips and take a pull of water off the camelback, all without a single worry of the front end unexpectedly getting ripped from your grip. :applause:

• BIGGITY

Posted January 03, 2006 - 02:41 PM

If you ride high speed off road buy a STABILIZER. One of the top 3 additions I've done.

Suspension, Stabilizer, PowerBand ..... :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hill5150

Posted January 03, 2006 - 02:47 PM

Get the stabilizer, your local hospital will thank you dearly............. :applause:

• wr450fyamaha

Posted January 03, 2006 - 05:45 PM

go as fast as ya want before you feel unsafe....thats your limit.

• MAX2

Posted January 06, 2006 - 12:54 AM

Ive had mine to 110 in supermoto trim with no problems

• don87xr600

Posted January 06, 2006 - 02:12 PM

If you ride high speed off road buy a STABILIZER. One of the top 3 additions I've done.

Suspension, Stabilizer, PowerBand ..... :applause:

What color powerband did you get?

• blvd619

Posted January 06, 2006 - 06:00 PM

speed up until you crash, then get a stabilizer and speed up until you crash again.

But seriously if you are going to ride at speed on unpredictable terrain it's a must. IMO

• Old_Man_Time

Posted January 06, 2006 - 07:30 PM

Hi,

I have found it a pretty stable bike. I use a stabilizer with it now and find it helps in the sand and rocks. I don't ride as fast as you. I generally stick to no more than 80mph which it could handle without a stabilizer. I only ride dirt single track or desert.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.