yz-426 pipe

15 replies to this topic
  • Shwantz34

Posted January 03, 2006 - 07:02 AM

Hi ! I'm want to put a pipe on my YZ-426, and would like to have your sugestion on whitch pipe will be the best for this bike. I try a search but don't see anything. I use the bike for trail riding , motocross track,supermoto and ice racing. I would like to have a pipe whith a lot of snap, and if possible one with more low,mid and overrev than the stock unit. How many hp can you get from an aftermarket pipe ? Please give me your sugestion.

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted January 03, 2006 - 08:09 AM

It's not very easy to find a pipe for the 426 anymore. They have stopped being made. Your best bet would be to try FMF. They have some aluminum PowerCoreIV's left and maybe some PowerBomb headers that will fit also.

http://www.fmfracing.com

• MichiganMXer

Posted January 03, 2006 - 08:25 AM

I picked up this same pipe for my 01 426. Great pipe, i just got the can. It provided a ton of low and mid.

Its carbon fiber and loud as hell. :applause:

GYT-R

gyt-r on ebay

They guys reserve is around $190 on just the can. Good pipe.

You can also just call them.

• Shwantz34

Posted January 03, 2006 - 11:08 AM

Thank's !Like you said its not very easy to find a pipe for them now. I was interested in the power core 4 , but i don't know if they are good performance wise. Have you try it on a 426 ? FMF also made the Q2 for the 426 that one looks great but its a low DB pipe is it as good performance wise.If you the information please let me know.

• 426boy

Posted January 03, 2006 - 03:49 PM

i have a powercore IV it has a nice gain over the stock pipe but not as good as some of the other pipes and it is really really loud i would go for the Q2 or the pro circiut t-496

• 642MX

Posted January 03, 2006 - 04:45 PM

I've got the FMF Titanium 4 muffler (14 inch) and the power bomb header. Its a quality system that isn't too loud and makes good power. I'd buy another one.

• Masterphil

Posted January 03, 2006 - 05:35 PM

The thunder alley is a hot pipe for the 426 motors. It adds a lot of snap on the bottom. It is well worth how much it costs, as long as you don't need some big-name nickel-plated titanium bling pipe.

• mlight9

Posted January 03, 2006 - 07:08 PM

I had a DR. D. on my 02 426. It made good power from bottom to top and good over rev but was stupid loud. Be kind to others and look at the Q and T-496 they still put out good power and no one will go deaf because of it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dano426

Posted January 04, 2006 - 08:07 AM

Be kind to others and look at the Q and T-496 they still put out good power and no one will go deaf because of it.

Very well said.

You can also look in the TT store at the White Brothers E2. You can remove the quite core with one screw.

• wvbob

Posted January 12, 2006 - 05:58 PM

i have a white bros carbon fiber pro meg e2 for your yz,$150. shipped.

• YZ400FPower

Posted January 12, 2006 - 06:32 PM

i have a powerbomb header and fmf powercore 4 can.
its ok. it smoothed the power out and made more aswell.
ive ridden a 426 with a pro-cir ti-4 full system.........................best pipe hands down!

• Shwantz34

Posted January 12, 2006 - 06:59 PM

I realy like the look of the ti 4 , but it seems that they don't make it anymore for the 426. They have t4 , i will check with Pro Circuit if its the same pipe exept for the aluminium versus titanium. If its the same , whit the comment you do with the performance gains , i think i will go whit this one. Thank's for your help !

• jocolo

Posted January 12, 2006 - 07:46 PM

Posted Image

I have a Yoshi full system on mine 426 love it and not loud at all
PS: just in case those are 03 plastics :applause:

• Shwantz34

Posted January 14, 2006 - 08:49 AM

Thank's to all of you for your reply, it have been very useful. I made an intensive research on many site, and test Dirt Bike , Dirt rider etc... And a lot on old thread on thumpertalk, and except for all the comment on the Thunder Alley pipe , no one seems to worht the expense. They are not better than the stock One. So i will go whith the thunder alley and hope to be as impress as you guys said on this site. I realy hope to flip it in 3rd gear like some of you said.Honestly that's the only pipe that everybody say that is so impressive, and that is said by guy like me who put their money in that, not an advertising by a manufacturer or a bike magazine who do a lot of business with those big cie.So i will order it today , and will let you know how it works when i will have try it.

I have some question if somebody whit an experience with the Thunder Alley can let me know.
1- is it a stainless pipe or mild steel
2- does the T.A head pipe clear the oil filter cover
3- Doeas it have packing in the baffle, and if yes is it easy ( allen screw) to change the packing or its the f.... rivet like the stock one.
4- Do you have a solution for the exaust melting the side panel, witch is about the only big complaint the guys have. Please let me know.

• TeamScream

Posted January 14, 2006 - 08:51 PM

I have some question if somebody whit an experience with the Thunder Alley can let me know.
1- is it a stainless pipe or mild steel
2- does the T.A head pipe clear the oil filter cover
3- Doeas it have packing in the baffle, and if yes is it easy ( allen screw) to change the packing or its the f.... rivet like the stock one.
4- Do you have a solution for the exaust melting the side panel, witch is about the only big complaint the guys have. Please let me know.

I run a ThunderAlley on my race bike (CRF450) and love the pipe.
If you get the slip on you will be happy but I suggest you get the full system and MAKE SURE you get it ceramic coated.
My first ThunderAlley was the slip on and not ceramic coated, I still have it and just recently got it back from Bob (ThunderAlley) where he did a full service on it, repacked it, put a new end cap on it and put a new decal on it.

The ThunderAlley is mild steel and will rust after a while if you get the bare pipe. i had my first one on for almost 2 years before I sent it in for service.

Yes it has packing in the baffle and can be rebuilt. and yes it is riveted but you can get rivets anywhere or you can call Bob at ThunderAlley and ask him to send you some.

This is a LOUD pipe but I ride the bike on closed course (supermoto) tracks only and there are no noise limits, the pipe over revs like theres no tomorrow.
If you get the full system the bottom end is greatly improved on the CRF at least, I am not sure about the YZF.

When you buy a ThunderAlley pipe you are buying from a small business man with the biggest heart in the business, he will bend over backward to make sure you are happy, and he stands behind his product.
Here is what the ThunderAlley looks like on my CRF.
The second picture is from BEFORE I went with the full system, the first picture is with the full system.
Can you guys tell I am blue at heart?

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Shwantz34

Posted January 15, 2006 - 04:12 AM

Hi teamscream ! You certainly have the most beautiful CRF i ever see! your right blue is the right color to go. Thank's for your help i will go with a Thunder Alley full system.I will call Bob tomorow and order one.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.