Big Gun Exhaust

13 replies to this topic
  • Motorrider

Posted January 02, 2006 - 09:29 PM

Has anybody put a Big Gun Exhaust on their XR 650L? I have an '06, and cannot decide which pipe to put on my bike! I just sent a White Bros. back because it wouldn't fit. I would consider a Yoshi, but can't find one for the "L"! :applause:

• goblin127

Posted January 03, 2006 - 07:40 AM

I like my XRs only the quality is second to none. Went with the new stainless oval, it's loud but it can be quieted down. This thing is not rivited to gether it's made to last. This is a complete system I couldnt put just a slip on on!

• roadcam

Posted January 03, 2006 - 08:18 AM

Big Guns usually have a reputation for LOUD, and not much else ... the White Bros pipes usually test for the most power gain, while the Supertrapp IDS2, like I have, is much more affordable than most, decent power gains, and is well-built .. ask 10 people what the best pipe is, and get 20 different answers .. :applause:

• churchman2003c

Posted January 03, 2006 - 12:53 PM

I have a Big Gun Quiet on my '94 XR650L and it is pretty quiet and makes good power. I'm happy.........

• Evilfirbolg

Posted January 04, 2006 - 09:07 AM

I was talked out of buying a Yosh and into getting a Big Gun by some of my friends. They screwed up my order but eventually made it right. It started rusting in three days, regular hits with Mother's metal polish solves that. It woke that bike up after a de-corking re-jet and it is way loud, which I love being a street tarder. But less than a year later the metal dilly in the silencer is loose and rattiling around and it leaks past its rivets on the tail piece. It's still pleasantly loud but next time for the money I'll go with Yosh.

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted January 04, 2006 - 09:11 AM

I was talked out of buying a Yosh and into getting a Big Gun by some of my friends. They screwed up my order but eventually made it right. It started rusting in three days, regular hits with Mother's metal polish solves that. It woke that bike up after a de-corking re-jet and it is way loud, which I love being a street tarder. But less than a year later the metal dilly in the silencer is loose and rattiling around and it leaks past its rivets on the tail piece. It's still pleasantly loud but next time for the money I'll go with Yosh.

Zoiks. :applause:

All this joy at only $400+ dollars?

Stocker is fine w/ me. I still have the stock one on my '93 250R, and it has served me well. :bonk:

• dukeryder

Posted January 04, 2006 - 03:10 PM

I have a big gun race on my XR650L Street Tard, it came with the bike. It's loud, rust easily and isn't built too great. I put a quiet baffle in to appease the neighbors. Any XR600R exhaust should work with the exception of like 2 model years (88-89??)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Evilfirbolg

Posted January 05, 2006 - 12:22 PM

Zoiks. :applause:

All this joy at only $400+ dollars?

Stocker is fine w/ me. I still have the stock one on my '93 250R, and it has served me well. :bonk:

I actually only got the aft part, 200 bucks, the stock header is all ya need for an uncorked stocker. Too big a header and ya lose low end. The stock muffler sounded like a VW bug, hated it. I am a street tarder and a "loud pipes save lives" believer so in that respect is does the job. When I make my monster a 675 I will go with a full Yosh system.

• Wheels up

Posted January 05, 2006 - 01:50 PM

I have a Yoshi system. It's a few years old. Pretty sure a 600 R silencer will work with a few tweaks.

I am about to buy an XR's Only stainless head pipe and either there silencer or a custom LRD piece.

Take a look at XR's only.

• Wheels up

Posted January 05, 2006 - 01:53 PM

I have a Supertrapp silencer i will sell you at a good price. I had it on bike for 3 minutes. Then my buddy bent his Xr 650 l around a tree and i scored his Yoshi. The supertrapp is nice and quiet with a few plates and loud with alot. You choose.

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted January 05, 2006 - 03:08 PM

I actually only got the aft part, 200 bucks, the stock header is all ya need for an uncorked stocker. Too big a header and ya lose low end. The stock muffler sounded like a VW bug, hated it. I am a street tarder and a "loud pipes save lives" believer so in that respect is does the job. When I make my monster a 675 I will go with a full Yosh system.

Can't say I love the stock sound, either. :bonk:

675 sounds like a fun project. :applause:

• 150 Fuelie

Posted January 05, 2006 - 03:53 PM

White Brothers :applause:

• wr450fyamaha

Posted January 05, 2006 - 05:25 PM

right on, my yosh is like 4 or 5 years old......still looks and works like new.

• Motorrider

Posted January 05, 2006 - 06:29 PM

White Brothers :applause:

Hey 150 Fuelie, which White Bros. model do you have? Would it be possible to show some pics of how it mounts? I ordered the Whit Bros E-Series, and the upper mounting screw that is supposed to go through the turn signal mount was not right! Not sure what to do.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.