wanted xr650r front rim and spokes

4 replies to this topic
  • hourout

Posted January 02, 2006 - 05:54 PM

i cracked my rim at the seam on the last ride.. :applause: anyone know where i can get a new or used rim.. there is one on ebay from an xr650l.. i have a 2001 xr650r, are they compatible. thanks in advancel. :bonk:

• Maddox101

Posted January 02, 2006 - 07:59 PM

I'm not sure if the one from the L will fit. But I do know that one from an XR400 will. I found one here from a fellow TT member. But ebay is definitly a good place to look as well. Good luck with your search.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Maladjusted_XR

Posted January 02, 2006 - 08:32 PM

If the "crack" is limited to the fabricated factory seam then you should be able to repair by welding. A competent welder can put it back together no problem. Ensure 100% weld penetration or welded from both sides and ground smooth.
If you have a crack outside the seam or metal fatigue with elongation (stretch) then I would definitely replace.

I have repaired rims by welding with separation at the seam previously with no further issues.

Hope this helps.

• mackmack

Posted January 04, 2006 - 10:04 PM

I have an almost new xr 650r complete wheel (hub , rim, spokes laced up ) for $200.

• hourout

Posted January 11, 2006 - 06:57 PM

could you e mail me a pic. damato@nac.net thanks in advance. later :applause:

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.