Clark 4gal. tank and corbin seat?

9 replies to this topic
  • goblin127

Posted January 02, 2006 - 03:52 PM

Anyone know if a corbin seat will fit with a clark tank on a XRL?

• roadcam

Posted January 02, 2006 - 09:09 PM

if your Corbin seat arrives like mine did, for my IMS 4 gal, it wont matter, you'll wind up sending it back for modifications ... Im not too happy with my Corbin, as you can tell .. :applause:

• goblin127

Posted January 03, 2006 - 07:35 AM

Road cam did it all turn out to your satisfaction or was it a wast of money?

• roadcam

Posted January 03, 2006 - 08:24 AM

long story short, after their repairs, it finally would mount up, but now the seat sits about 1/2" behind the tank, not that big a deal, just aggravating .. I would rather fist-fight Mike Tyson, than have to remove and re-install the seat, major pain-in-the-ass ... its flat design is uncomfortable for me, and its angled to keep your ass slid up against the tank ... ok if youre an MX racer, but sometimes ya want to slide back a bit ... I see where a lot of guys like their Corbin a lot, after break-in, mine still sucks for ME ... everybody has different tastes ... I would NOT buy it again ... NEVER, NEVER, NEVER ... :applause:

• goblin127

Posted January 03, 2006 - 09:51 AM

That doesn't sound to good,I think I will hold off for now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • roadcam

Posted January 03, 2006 - 12:53 PM

I've seen other posts in here that just love 'em, so take that into consideration, too ... I just had poor results from the git-go ..

• goblin127

Posted January 03, 2006 - 08:58 PM

Yea that pic of treadmarks looks like it fit well. Something to think about. Just want to take longer rides this next season without the torture.

• lhark

Posted January 04, 2006 - 04:59 PM

I had the same problem with fitment on mine, too....I use the IMS 4 gal. on my XRL.
Being the stubborn guy that I am, I reworked the mounts and other items to get it to fit....in retrospect, I should have sent it back. Bottom line, though, is....I really like the thing. It does take some getting used to, though.
I would buy another one, if I knew they would take my measurements for the mounting tabs, when they build it...

• bluerock5

Posted January 06, 2006 - 05:20 AM

My XRL has a Corbin seat and a Clarke 4.7 tank - real easy to put on and off andfor any "Big" time spent in the saddle - the Corbin is a real good choice for comfort. Again - like the bike itself - it's a compromise comfort and performance.

• goblin127

Posted January 06, 2006 - 05:58 AM

Thank's for the replies,I did order the seat and if I have to I'll make it fit or it will be back on there doorstep.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.