3 replies to this topic
  • 426n520

Posted January 02, 2006 - 01:34 PM

I’m considering parting out my 2000 YZ426. Now that I have a KTM with E Start, I don’t think I ever want to kick start a bike again.

Any recommendations on shipping heavy parts (motor, frame, etc.) Would it be better to sell the motor complete or separate head, cylinder & bottom end? I have shipped mini motors before but the 426 is heavy.

I’m probably going to be keeping the rear wheel as a spare for my son’s YZ250 along with some of the plastics.

• nitro201

Posted April 01, 2006 - 03:45 PM

How much for the motor?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02YZ426

Posted April 01, 2006 - 03:50 PM

If you do part the bike out I would be interested in the front disk and caliper.. shoot me a pm when you decide.

• tntmo

Posted April 02, 2006 - 11:28 AM

I have shipped two DR350 motors, they weighed about 80 pounds boxed up. I'm willing to bet the YZ motor is less. I used a good solid cardboard box, glued in two extra sheets of cardboard at the bottom and then cut a piece of styrofoam to fit the bottom, the sides and the top. Double wrapped the motor in heavy duty garbage bags and set it in the box with the styrofoam on the bottom and sides. I used a couple of cans of spray expanding foam to fill in the box a bit above half way and let is set up overnight. I then filled the rest of the open space with crumpled up newspapers and topped it off with the styrofoam. Ship with UPS.

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.