GYT-R Muffler Insert

5 replies to this topic
  • bcs

Posted January 02, 2006 - 01:32 AM

Picked up my 2006 WR450 last week. I ordered the Yamaha AIS removal kit and the GYT-R "performance wr muffler insert". The item the parts counter guy ordered for me was (p/n GYT-5TJ93-75-00).

GYT-R muffler insert

Is this the right part number for my 2006 450? Now that I look at the Yamaha web page I wonder if the parts guy ordered the right one. I notice the description on the Yamaha web page says '98 - '04 WRs and the muffler looks different. Thanks!

• mtrablue

Posted January 02, 2006 - 08:18 AM

that insert will not fit the '06. do a search for PMB.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 02, 2006 - 08:42 AM

Yep, that one will NOT fit your 06.............

Try this one from PMB....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BajaFool

Posted January 02, 2006 - 12:46 PM

The AIS Removal Kit will contain the instructions to remove the small inner tube in the muffler. Once this is removed, the muffler will no longer be restricted. Try it this way after completing all of the mods contained in the AIS Removal Kit. You will like it.

• bcs

Posted January 02, 2006 - 01:39 PM

Thanks--everyone--for the good information. :applause:

• simon@vic

Posted January 02, 2006 - 02:26 PM

YA, don't buy that. as stated above, it wont work!

secondly there is no need to buy any insert or tip.
just modify the stock one or buy an aftermarket exhaust.
better is much better logic in my mind!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.