Tire & Sprockets Installation

3 replies to this topic
  • marcusmoberg

Posted January 01, 2006 - 08:47 PM

How much would a Yamaha Dealer or some other Dirtbike dealer charge to put on my new rear tire and my sprockets?

Would a dealer do the free mods to my dirtbike?

• Bamster

Posted January 01, 2006 - 08:50 PM

My dealer installs a tire I buy form him for free when I bring him just the wheel.
Sprockets are not hard to install yourself.
Do the free mods yourself, if you can't you should not be riding.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted January 01, 2006 - 10:44 PM

How much would a Yamaha Dealer or some other Dirtbike dealer charge to put on my new rear tire and my sprockets?

Would a dealer do the free mods to my dirtbike?

If you pay somebody to do the "FREE" mods, they aint "FREE" anymore!

Seriously, do it yourself. It isnt hard, there is more than enough info here to do it. Anyway, if you get stuck, there is bound to be someone online to help you out! :applause:

The rear tyre is the only thing I don't do my self. I can do it, but it is a pain in the ass. Front sprocket is probably the next hardest to change. Need to undo the nut when the bike is still together whith someone standing on the rear brake. I have found this the easiest way. That way, you don't have to put your beer down.

• WildRide

Posted January 01, 2006 - 11:14 PM

I cheat, I taught my sons how to do tires with good tire irons and now they do ALL the tire changing , YEAH BABY!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.