No pumper dump on XR600r

4 replies to this topic
  • bork

Posted January 01, 2006 - 08:46 PM

Sorry, had to get ya'll attn . My bike 1994 , when cold , is getting really hard to start. (great when warm) I had a feeling my quick silver is not pumping any more. so I screwed in adjustment all the way & no difference. I then pulled carb from boots & looked thru venturi to see if squirting when quick throttle twist, still no squirt. Yes gas flows good from tank & bowl gets gas . I unscrewed adjustment screw completely & gas came out . Also twisted grip quickly wihout adjuster in and flow coming out will squirt out of the adjustment screw hole . So I assume the check ball bb is in place and plunger is still pumping. Its been running good for about 2-3 years & now ??? The only thing I can think of is , there's a clog some where in circut. I do have a small in line filter at petcock & still flows good .Any thoughts ?

• mikekay

Posted January 01, 2006 - 08:55 PM

theres a little brass pellet in the pumper chamber. check and make sure its not jammed. they do wear out if you have lots of miles. make sure you dont loose it.

edelbrock has GREAT customer service--so you might also consider having it rebuilt if its been around for a few years.

one thing i have noticed is that edelbrock carbs on bikes stored near the sea tend to have issues after awhile...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bork

Posted January 02, 2006 - 06:45 AM

If the pellet got jammed, there would be no signs of a squirt anywhere ? right ? But I get action out the adjustment screw, which to me , indicates plunger is compressing fuel to go somewhere. Do you know if pellet is in the piston/plunger stroke area ? Is this what you meant by chamber ? Thanks

• bork

Posted January 02, 2006 - 06:45 AM

If the pellet got jammed, there would be no signs of a squirt anywhere ? right ? But I get action out the adjustment screw, which to me , indicates plunger is compressing fuel to go somewhere. Do you know if pellet is in the piston/plunger stroke area ? Is this what you meant by chamber ? Thanks

• bork

Posted January 03, 2006 - 06:37 AM

anyone? :applause:

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.