How to order Scotts w/ CR forks

2 replies to this topic
  • xr_stamm

Posted January 01, 2006 - 05:57 PM

I have CR triple clamps & forks on my XR650R. I want to order a Scotts damper. Anyone been through this? If I go w/ a standard CR, I will loose the oil checking 'feature'. I also have a Trail Tech w/ billet mount. I couldn't seem to find a good application manual on the Scotts online. Help.

David

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fingers

Posted January 02, 2006 - 12:51 AM

Must it be a Scotts? An RTT or GPR may be agood choice for this application.

• thouk

Posted January 02, 2006 - 09:12 AM

David,
I have the RTT Motorsports steering dampner on mine. I could not get set the others set up like I wanted it, ie. having the oil checking feature. When I had the Rtt one done I had to have the top nut machined down I think 3/16th of and inch to make it work. I really like mine. You can see picutres of mine at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/houk27
I hope that helps you in a way. Tony

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.