Tusk Clutch

6 replies to this topic
  • Xr650rhonda

Posted January 01, 2006 - 05:38 PM

Anyone have trouble using the Tusk Clutch? I put one in while changing my timing chain and installing a Hot Cam stage I. I have to adjust the clutch cable all the way out(both adjustments) to the max before feeling anything at the lever, when I put in the old friction disks everything is back to normal. Anyone else run into this?

• don87xr600

Posted January 01, 2006 - 05:42 PM

Did you pre soak the discs in oil?

• Xr650rhonda

Posted January 02, 2006 - 12:41 AM

Did you pre soak the discs in oil?

Yes I did, I followed the manual step by step. The Tusk friction plates don't seem to seat in the basket like the stock ones (I received the right part number), this maybe due to more material on the tusk plates. I was prepared to adjust my cable, but I was thinking I should be bringing my adjusters in, rather the out? or do I have it backwards?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted January 02, 2006 - 10:24 AM

Its the steels. They are slighty thicker. I ran into the same problem with a Barnett on my CR500. I put the OEM steels (aluminum) and it came back into spec.

As a side note, the aftermarket steels allowed the clutch to slip too...Those stamped things just dont work right.

• Xr650rhonda

Posted January 02, 2006 - 11:47 AM

Its the steels. They are slighty thicker. I ran into the same problem with a Barnett on my CR500. I put the OEM steels (aluminum) and it came back into spec.

As a side note, the aftermarket steels allowed the clutch to slip too...Those stamped things just dont work right.

Thank You !!! :applause:

• TimBrp

Posted January 02, 2006 - 04:18 PM

My Barnett dirt digger went in perfect and works perfect. Junk things on these bikes are the baskets and springs. Change them, and you're set.

• Stinson

Posted January 02, 2006 - 07:28 PM

there are a few guys on KTMtalk running the tusk clutch and are having good luck with them. Cya Stinson

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.