HOT START BUTTON

2 replies to this topic
  • blireef

Posted September 04, 2001 - 06:18 PM

i KNOW i MISSED SOMETHING, BUT ANY COMMENTS ON TERRY CABLE HOT START??? 400 MILES ON wr426 AND I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT ALL THE JETTING ISSUES ARE? SEA LEVEL TO 6000 FT THIS THING RIPS...GREY WIRE CIT AND VORTIP, NOTHING ELSE ON ENGINE...WHY DOES MY 01 WR HAVE THE HEADER THAT BLOCKS OIL FILTER REMOVAL?

[This message has been edited by blireef (edited September 04, 2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Unkle_Moose

Posted September 04, 2001 - 06:55 PM

Hello Blireef The hot start buuton is used to help starting when hot, leans out carp. The TERRY CABLE HOT START just moves the button from carb mount to handle bar mount. I have it installed on my 01WR426 and it just makes it easier to use. Push with thumb, don't have to reach down and find. Ride Often & Ride Safe

• PMAUST

Posted September 04, 2001 - 06:58 PM

The header thing does suck! Before I changed mine out, I got used to just loosening the screws and lifting up out of the way of the oil filter. Of course, you have to take the exhaust off first. Eventually, I put the White Brothers header and E-Series pipe on which solved the problem(other after market exhaust systems will accomplish the same thing). I also installed the Terry Hot Start system. AWSOME! It allows you to engage the hot start choke without having to reach down and find it. This is really usefull in awkward positions when it isn't convienient to take your hands off the bars or, if you install a larger gas tank that hangs down further and obstructs access to it. The jetting issues don't apply to you. I had the same experience. With stock jetting my bike ran fine from sea level to at least 6500 feet. It was a little rich though. Eventually, I changed over to YZ timing. I took it into the shop where they have the dyno and smog stuff. Wound up just making slight adjustments to the jetting. Like you said my bike just plain rips. Having said that, some of the guys on this forum are real technocrats. They want to squeeze every ounce of whatever they can get out of these bikes. So they tinker. Sometimes with great success. Its all to complicated for me too! :) Hope this helps a little. P

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.