Yamaha AIS Rem. vs. TT AIS Rem

7 replies to this topic
  • b1m9x

Posted January 01, 2006 - 05:08 AM

16 year old kid just moving up to thumpers. Ive been livin in cambodia where i rode a 250 t-smoke enduro but i just moved to ecuador and i got a 05 wr450 comin in on a boat in about 3 weeks. Ive been readin the forums a bit to get used to the 4stroke scene and i think i got most of it down. now to my question

ive been readin about the ais removal kit and it seems like a good investment but recently ive been starting to hear about this yamaha original gytr kit. Now i tried ordering the TT kit about 2 weeks ago but my moms credit card doesnt work on TT so i need help, should i order the Yamaha or the TT kit, or are they the same??? Im trying to get all my parts in before the bike gets here so i can work on it and have it ready the next day. im freakin stoked about the riding here in ecuador and i just want my bike to be runnin 110% when i first start explorin

• Matty05

Posted January 01, 2006 - 05:13 AM

tt kit just AIS plugs.

gyt-r kit AIS plugs, 48 pilot, 168 main, adjustable needle, YZ throttle stop.

I hope your mom knows you are using her credit card :applause:

• b1m9x

Posted January 01, 2006 - 05:19 AM

thanks, they yamaha kit sounds much better now i just gotta see if they do international shipping to ecuador.

mom knows she was kinda glad it didnt work cause been spendin alot of $$$ on orderin new parts for the bike. shes gonna be even more upset cause stupid air france just lost a bag with about $1500 of me and my dads riding gear

• Matty05

Posted January 01, 2006 - 05:25 AM

make sure you hit em up for $$$ for that bag!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • b1m9x

Posted January 01, 2006 - 05:40 AM

I just checked mxsouth.com where i do most of my orders cause they do international shipping but in their OEM section they dont have the removal kit. What is a good website with international shipping that stocks the GYTR AIS removal kit?

• THUMPIN4FUN

Posted January 01, 2006 - 10:42 AM

MXSOUTH does have the kit. Be sure to do an OEM parts search for part # GYT-5TJ93-69-00.

• b1m9x

Posted January 01, 2006 - 12:16 PM

alright ill try again, i think its my mac, whenever i type in a part number it doesnt do a direct search just loads up the entire mxsouth product database. Ill try downloading firefox and doing that way

• Moondogger

Posted January 01, 2006 - 05:22 PM

I just installed the Yamaha GYTR AIS removal kit on my bike not long ago. I had a thread on here a few weeks ago talking about it.

I haven't had a chance to ride with it on yet, but just revving the bike and it looks like some of the popping is gone.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.