Aren't you glad you got a Yamaha WR???

5 replies to this topic
  • Matty05

Posted January 01, 2006 - 03:24 AM

Time to stir up some good old Yamaha vs Honda again........
How it should be! :bonk:

Seems too political here for some reason??? :applause:
(Sorry about last week, won't happen again........ had PMS or something :cry:)

• SXP

Posted January 01, 2006 - 10:23 AM

You troublemaker, you :applause:

• bcs

Posted January 01, 2006 - 05:37 PM

Yes! Just got back from my first ride and I love the suspension, handling, etc. But the one thing that is JUST NOT RIGHT is the throttle stop, etc. I can't ride it the way I ride my DRZ400. When I roll it on from half throttle and it pulls pretty hard.
Oh well, I have the AIS removal kit and the new silencer insert on order, so we'll get it running like a WR soon enough. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted January 01, 2006 - 07:09 PM

no more apologies. You have come across as sincere. Besides, it made for some really interesting dialog which I happened to enjoy.

I saw the post on the honda valves and I am glad I have a yamaha. It was the deciding factor for me last summer when I bought the wr450 as opposed to the crf450x.

However, I am not educated on what I was looking at. What was wrong with the valves? What was bad about them.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 01, 2006 - 07:18 PM

Dude, I am SO glad I got a WR. My choices came down to a WR and a Honda. I went with the WR because I was more comfortable with the dealer. Little did I know what an awesome weapon I was getting into. For once I lucked into a good decision. If I had it to do all over agian, knowing what I know now, I would do exactly the same thing. :bonk: Thanks for moving on Matty. :applause:

• bluebike1999

Posted January 01, 2006 - 09:04 PM

give it to em while we can. the wr design is nigh on 9 years old now and though i believe it was virtually perfected within two years, as i understand, out of the box the crf is a genuine weapon(as you would expect from honda).
still nothing i have heard of beats the wr overall and i'm only talking about a dirty old 400. versatility, ease of maintenance, very flexible list of mods.
as far as i understand the KTM is the top of the heap, but i watched a guy kicking his till someone else had to have a go the other day, while the dirty old 400 sailed into the distance.
as stated before i love my wr because
i can ride gently with my boys ( 5 y/o has just got the hang of his pw80 today)
I can round up sheep and cattle here,
i can go trail riding
I can race grass track
i can race enduro
then ride on the road all without touching a thing. and even my mrs can ride it.
versatility is the key. owning a WR is a state of mind.
happy 2006

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.