new front brake line on older bikes?

2 replies to this topic
  • Whoya

Posted December 31, 2005 - 04:39 PM

Anyone use Yamahas new set up with the fork gaurds? Or is the light speed, ride engineering unit the way to go for the CR style line?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Drunken Monkey

Posted January 01, 2006 - 02:34 AM

I am pretty sure that new fork guards don't fit older bikes.
Get the shorter brake line, make it braided too. you will have so much more feel to your brakes, less sponginess.

• Whoya

Posted January 01, 2006 - 08:36 AM

Heck, I'm just having a hard time bleeding the damm thing!! I Read some old posts but ended up just getting frustrated and threw the junk Yamaha design in the trash. Will order the seal kit and the CR style setup today. I paid $6K for this bike and have put probably $2500 into it just to make it right. I could have bought a KTM !!!
Oh well, guesse I'll open my wallet some more.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.