Spare parts for WR450

2 replies to this topic
  • bcs

Posted December 31, 2005 - 11:35 AM

Just got my 2006 WR450. When I get a new bike, I like to get some spare parts to have on hand, and now with on line stores like oem.thumpertalk.com, its really easy to place an order, and much cheaper than going to the dealer.

So I was going to buy:
- oil filters
- front brake lever
- clutch lever

What else should I add to my order?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ARin

Posted December 31, 2005 - 11:47 AM

id go aftermarket on those levers...chances are they will be less expensive, of better quality, and you can get "easy pull" models.

And for the filiters, the hi flo filtros are just as good if not better than the oem filters, and less expensive.

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 31, 2005 - 12:12 PM

Yeah - Hi Flo filters can be bought on e-bay pretty cheap. You can also get a WR450 hardware kit on e-bay, (all the nuts and bolts you'll ever need :applause: )

May be a clutch and throttle cable(s). If you go camping / riding for a weekend and you break one, your done for the weekend :bonk: (I've ridden with one broken throttle cable before but you'd be out of luck with the clutch cable.)

Unless they have improved the stop and kill buttons, you might want to go out and get atleast one, YZ style kill button. Search the threads for killbutton or start button and you'll understand why.

Tubes - Heavt Duty!

O rings for your oil filter cover. I squished one once and could not find anything but OEM o-ring that would seal it up tight.

Could probably go on forever but I would definitely go for these and any other single points of failure.

Congrats on the new bike! :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.