XR600 UNI air filter - can't get it off

3 replies to this topic
  • StevePSD

Posted December 31, 2005 - 10:11 AM

For the past year, cleaning my UNI filter on my XR600 has been a royal pain.....because I can't squeeze enough of the excess filter oil out of the filter after oiling....as there does not appear a way to get the filter off of it's plastic cage. Does the filter come off it's cage? If so, how?

Thanks.

• don87xr600

Posted December 31, 2005 - 10:26 AM

stretch one end of the foam up and over the cage, pop off the plastic in the middle (separate it from the cage) slip the foam off the cage.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StevePSD

Posted December 31, 2005 - 01:02 PM

Thanks for the tip......Could not tell if the plastic 'button' in the middle of the filter came off the cage or not...now I know.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted January 01, 2006 - 12:49 PM

You end up stretching the thing more than youre probably comfortable with...I know I was...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.