wr 450 front disc guard?

7 replies to this topic
  • nw scout

Posted December 30, 2005 - 06:53 PM

Does anyone know of a simple white plastic front disc break guard
for a 06 wr 450?
I have been doing searches for a few days and cant find one anywhere.
All I can find is carbon fiber or metal. The simple white plastic one is all I am looking for.
Thanks for the help.
Dave
www.nwlocations.com

• jerryls

Posted December 30, 2005 - 07:12 PM

Acerbis has got to have one. Call the TT store. If it exists, they'll find it for you.

Jerry

• clark4131

Posted December 30, 2005 - 08:56 PM

Nothing is available yet. I've been waiting on one from Cycra since I bought my '05 in April. They said they should have them available in January...SC

• Push Rod

Posted December 31, 2005 - 10:52 AM

I just mounted the Acerbis Evolution. A bit pricey @ $45. (including mount), but its fits well, appears somewhat sturdy, and provides good protection. Plastic replacements run around $16.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BajaFool

Posted January 02, 2006 - 12:53 PM

The Evolution front disk brake guard for the 2005 WR450F will not fit the 2006 WR450F --- tried that, took it back. I called Scott/Acerbis and their estimate for a guard that fits is Feb 2006.

• Beejay

Posted January 03, 2006 - 01:14 AM

The Evolution front disk brake guard for the 2005 WR450F will not fit the 2006 WR450F --- tried that, took it back. I called Scott/Acerbis and their estimate for a guard that fits is Feb 2006.

Are the 05/06 not the same except for the electronic speedo? :applause:

• Push Rod

Posted January 03, 2006 - 08:33 AM

When I received my Acerbis mount kit it didn't look like it was going to fit. I had to eliminate the rubber dust cover from the axle. The replacement spacer provides enough protection in place of the dust cover. I don't think there were any changes to the front end for '06, so the '05 setup should work.

• Stinez

Posted January 03, 2006 - 10:56 AM

The 05 front Acerbis didn't work on my 06 because the mounting holes are WAY different.
The same goes for the rear Scotts shark fin although it's just slightly different. (They lowered the calliper because it used to hit the pipe when it bottomed out)

Both said they'd have it sorted out early this year.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.