01 XR650R new on dealer floor

11 replies to this topic
  • bandicoot

Posted December 30, 2005 - 11:02 AM

Hey Everyone...I'm new to the 650 forum, been riding a crf 450 and crf250 the last couple years.
Anyway I've put together a team to run the 06 Baja 1000. So, I've been looking for a couple 650s. I found a new on the dealer floor 2001 XR 650R. My question is how much is this thing worth. How much less should I be paying for a new 01 vrs a new 05. Besides the clutch bushing / counter shaft seal the only difference I see is the resale value on a 01 vrs 05.
I'm in Canada so the prices are slightly different than the US. Here's approx prices in US.

05 model US $5650
01 model US $4750

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone for all the great info on this forum!!!

• mikekay

Posted December 30, 2005 - 03:02 PM

you can get better prices.

there were '04's available this time last year for $5k otd.

I will sell you a fully prepped baja 1000 ready bike for $6000.
(re-wound stator, tank, 15/47 gearing (ironman sprocket), new DID ERV2 gold chain, pro tapers, GPR V2 stabilizer, drilled exhaust, edelbrock pumper carb, ohlins shock, re-valved forks, cut out airbox cover, spare air filters, oil sight tube, skid plate, excell rims, 8 guage spokes, 100 watt day light, re-enforced sub frame, all new plastic, freshly rebuilt motor, fresh bearings, etc. etc.

The bike also has a license plate for California.

• needsprayer

Posted December 30, 2005 - 03:26 PM

This bike should sell fast. :applause:

• don87xr600

Posted December 30, 2005 - 04:03 PM

Offer him $4600, if they don't take it tell'em you'll be back next week to offer $4500. :applause:

• GRAHAM25

Posted December 30, 2005 - 05:04 PM

Screw Dat. I got a 2002 XR 650R from a dealer this past summer for $3,500 zero miles.
Talk Um down!!!!

Good Luck

• Stinson

Posted January 02, 2006 - 08:04 AM

There is an 03 sitting on the show room floor here in MD brand new for 3700. Smokin deal. Cya Stinson

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Husky_Forever

Posted January 02, 2006 - 11:25 AM

The 03's were going for $4999 in 03. If your buying new, talk him down. Personally, knowing what you will have to do to the bike for the Baja 1000 ( This year the long race from Ensenada to La Paz, 1050 miles), I'd buy Mikes bike for $6000. You will spend more than than this getting your bike prepreed and ready to go. And his is already street legal if that helps you too. :applause: Steny

• ThunderChicken

Posted January 02, 2006 - 10:52 PM

Screw Dat. I got a 2002 XR 650R from a dealer this past summer for $3,500 zero miles.
Talk Um down!!!!

Good Luck

nice. any idea if he has more?

what part of oregon are you in?

there's no sales tax in oregon, right?

• bandicoot

Posted January 03, 2006 - 07:46 AM

Why use Mikes Bikes @ $6000 for a bike? Do you have a web site for mikes?

I have decided not to buy the 01 for the asking price I am going to try and get the price down...if not I'm still looking for 2 bikes.

If I end up buying from the US..my shipping cost + taxes at the CAN border have to be accounted for so my first choice is to buy from CAN.

Thanks everyone for the info so far..

• rzm

Posted January 03, 2006 - 10:48 AM

I got a leftover '02 in Feb '05......brand stinking new out the door for $3,995. The paperwork showed the price of the bike at 2,880 with the rest going towards the green sticker and setup fees. 650r, new, local Honda shop, in SoCal.

• GRAHAM25

Posted January 03, 2006 - 05:32 PM

nice. any idea if he has more?

what part of oregon are you in?

there's no sales tax in oregon, right?

Sorry, my bike was bought on the East coast and it was the only 1.
I called around for three weeks for that deal. I was living in OH then and got the bike in NH.I don't like doing it but I went back and forth between dealers. Got a great price though :applause:

• Husky_Forever

Posted January 04, 2006 - 12:34 AM

Buy Mikes bike and leave it in So Calif at his place until you come down to pre run. He can prep it for you and then you can take it home after the race. This way, you can just buy a used XR 650 to practice on(and pre run on when you come down for the race) up there between now and the race in November. Then sell your practice XR after the race here in San Diego or keep them both. The other route would be to contact Tim at Bajaboundmoto here on TT and talk to him about renting a bike and having him act as your support team for the Baja. Either way would be the recommended way to race this race since you have never done it before. :applause: Steny

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.