After market yz pipe on a 05 wr450

5 replies to this topic
  • ep87

Posted December 30, 2005 - 12:35 AM

Hi guys - I think I know the answer to this question but here goes.

I've got a 05 WR450f and I like to put a yoshimura rs3 slip-on on it.
problem is they only list it for a 03-05 yz450.

I would think it would fit since I've seen many posts about installing the stock yz pipe on a wr, but I just want to make sure. :applause:

Thanks

• Drunken Monkey

Posted December 30, 2005 - 12:50 AM

Yep! it will fit. Exactly the same. Good choice with the yosh, they seem to go nice!

I don't think I have ever seen a WR specific muffler made?

• bomax

Posted December 30, 2005 - 11:10 AM

ditto,this is the one i got recently and was for 03-05 yz450.

http://www.bcsportbi...=1&d=1134800850

http://www.bcsportbi...=1&d=1134800850

be prepared for some serious noise though,it came with a removable spark arrestor.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ep87

Posted December 30, 2005 - 04:59 PM

Thanks for the info guys.

• Drunken Monkey

Posted December 31, 2005 - 03:04 AM

be prepared for some serious noise though,it came with a removable spark arrestor.

It doesn't seem that loud! well yeah, I wouldn't ride it around the neighbourhood!

• ep87

Posted December 31, 2005 - 04:05 AM

The reason I'm getting the Yoshimura rs-3 is for a little more power, but also the noise level, I went from the bone stock exhaust on my ttr250 to the rs-3
and it wasn't that much louder the the stocker. My 05 WR has the normal restricter removed, and I plan on running the new pipe with the spark arrester. so I can't imagine it being much loader then that.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.