Apology

61 replies to this topic
  • Matty05

Posted December 29, 2005 - 08:30 PM

Sorry if I have ever offended anyone. I apologise.
Sorry Clark, to you I can see that I have offended the most.

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 29, 2005 - 08:58 PM

WOW............ I go out to the shop to work on the bike a little and I just can't wait to get back in and check on the "tresspassing" thread....... And it seems you guys, my WR brotheren, have managed to get the thread yanked :bonk: :cry: :cry:

I saw it coming :applause: well I hope Matty's apology gets everyone back on typing terms......

Sorry, don't mean to laugh guys but this really cracks me up

:cry:

• rich1167

Posted December 29, 2005 - 09:27 PM

have managed to get the thread yanked :applause: :bonk: :cry:

:cry:

It's in the Town square forum.

Everywon has their own opinion and that should be respected. No harm done here.

• 642MX

Posted December 29, 2005 - 09:27 PM

I guess I missed something? :applause:

• clark4131

Posted December 29, 2005 - 09:37 PM

It's all groovy here! Matty, you're still OK in my book :applause:...and Godspeed to your brother...May his guardian angel be ever vigilant...SC

• bluebike1999

Posted December 29, 2005 - 10:46 PM

I believe i should clarify a few points.
1 the land we entered is zoned multiple use forestry land. the man with the gun owns on the right side of the road and the forestry is on the left.
our guide had been there several times and told us we may encounter a guy who is a bit strange and may have some crops growing that he wished to protect. thats why we stuck to the forestry roads.
2 we did venture 'near' his property but at the time of meeting him we were on a forestry road.
3 the gate in question is usually open and our guide works for a sawmiller on that road and was unable to locate a key that was usually stashed near the gate. this is why he thought we werent supposed to be in there.
4 yes i accept that the way it was presented may have lead some people to think it was blatant trespassing, but it wasnt. this was supported by the fact he said we could get access in future (although his permission is not required. )

yep ok it may have come across as irresponsible, but i had spent two days riding through the bush with my son and feel that i cant do much more as a dad to try and spend valuable time with him. he got to see abandonned (sp?) mines, big rivers and a whole lot more. also it was his job to pick up rubbish at our campsite, including that which had been left before us in an attempt to try to teach the right thing.
i apologise if the way the videos were presented offended anyone. it was just a very surprising end to what had been the best ride we had ever been on with a bunch of good mates. we value the freedom achievable with dirtbikes and respect the areas we go riding so that we can ride them again and again.
again my apologies as i dont want to p!ss anyone on here off as i find tt an important part of our dirtbike experience. all except for trebor7 I am sorry.

well if i'd known this was going to happen, i wouldnt have posted it.

Matty, your not doing yourself or Aust any favours here.
yes i accept that the way i presented these videos may have made some ttrs draw the wrong conclusion, and express quite emotional responses, surely somewhere like here we can all agree that riding dirtbikes is what we love and that this site is for sharing that.

if some one was on my land i would be p!ssed off too, maybe even wave an unloaded gun to scare them off if it was a case of repeated tresspass, but again it wasnt.

i do believe the man in question may have some illicit reasons for protecting his property, but we were never actually on his land, just on the boundary and he was reacting to some people who actually had been on HIS land in previous weeks.

please drop this now and get back to trying to fix rattles and do free mods just like it was.

again I am sorry for the way my initial post was presented.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted December 29, 2005 - 11:01 PM

BlueBike, I just wanted to post here too that had I known the facts of the encounter I would not have responded the way I did. That dude was way off base and you did a good job of handleing the ugly situation. My bad. :applause:

• Matty05

Posted December 29, 2005 - 11:17 PM

Matty, your not doing yourself or Aust any favours here.
yes i accept that the way i presented these videos may have made some ttrs draw the wrong conclusion, and express quite emotional responses, surely somewhere like here we can all agree that riding dirtbikes is what we love and that this site is for sharing that.

You posted that shit!

• bluebike1999

Posted December 30, 2005 - 12:05 AM

Matty, dont get me wrong. yeah i posted that and wish i hadnt. more to the point i regret you getting in hot water for it too.
I actually think you may have been defending a fellow aussie and for that thanks. it's just not worth getting too wound up over an internet forum, even this one.
thanks for sticking up for me, just dont let it get you in the poop.
i'm only going to ask about bike problems from now on.
If you can ever make it to Tas, drop us a line and i can take you to some top spots to ride, but not THAT one. well, we can but you can go and ask.
here is where else we went.

we went to and old mine (wolfram for making tungsten) and over some pretty tough. this is an old mining hut.

stuff.http://img.photobuck...99/DSC00355.jpg
a tree stump at least 4m thick plus two beautiful bluebikes
http://img.photobuck...99/DSC00364.jpg

very snotty rock hill. the others guys thought the boy wouuldnt make it but he did no problem.
http://img.photobuck...99/DSC00388.jpg
and last, the mine we rode to. there were three of these up the side of a mountain
http://img.photobuck...99/DSC00359.jpg

the other guys reckoned my young bloke did a top job to make it. he is so pumped about it all and can now even laugh about the Jed Clampet incident. some of the creeks we crossed were up to his seat and it was raining most of the time.
we had 2 quads a two wr's 2 yz's and a ktm and (had to be kicked fifty times to start)and boys pw80
the mine was left about thirty years ago and it was about a 2.5 hour ride in with about 8-10 big trees to get our bikes over and under.
again quality not real great from camera phone.
again if you ever over i'll take you and show you. thanks mate.

see.... this is what this forum is about.

• ARin

Posted December 30, 2005 - 12:15 AM

I get pissed off by the US bashing by the aussies.
We dont have any problems with you guys, why the hell are you folks always calling us cowboys/pussys/homos, etc etc....

Constant namecalling seems to be the MO of a good % of the aussie members...whats up with that? Is it a continent of ill manners?

And while i am a gun owner, and a BIG supporter of the right to keep and bear arms...i dont wave them around at people either. Like MOST americans, i have RISEN to the responsibility of gun ownership...and i own them responsibly...Pistols, Rifles, "assault-rifles", shotguns, and even silencers....

None of my guns have ever shot anyone...nor have any of them broken a law. And you will never catch me waving them around at dirtbikers.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tmckeown

Posted December 30, 2005 - 12:31 AM

Arin,

I have competed in shooting sports for last 27 yrs. I won finnish championships this year in Practical pistol and I also shoot rifles and shotguns.
I teach snipers in our army reserve etc. etc. I have vault full of guns and none of them has ever been even pointed to a human.

It is hard to explain to some people that guns do NOT kill people. People kill people. I can leave unloaded firearm on my table or even a loaded one and IT WILL NOT SHOOT anyone by itself. :cry:

If we calculate the killing rate, cars should be rated as assault vehicles and banned from public to use. This way we would save tons of people don't we ?

It is like the weather made the car to go to ditch :bonk: what we can read from news papers everyday

In my 27 yrs in shooting sports I have heard 1 accident where gun fired and shot it's owner with out owner even touching the gun. Someone was carrying small pistol inside of his pants keeping hammer back all the time and after 20 yrs of that abuse hammer finally fell and shot that guy in the nuts.

Oh, well better new year for every single one :applause:

Timo Mc

• bluebike1999

Posted December 30, 2005 - 12:38 AM

ARin
i get sick and tired too of the U.S. bashing by aussies, kiwis, the french, the british, the germans, the canadians, the mexicans, the alaskans, the iraqi's , the iranians, the spanish, the chinese, the russians,the japanese, the south koreans, the phillipines, the balinese,columbians,the peruvians, chileans, thaiwanese, indonesians, vietnamese, malaysians, argentineans, the cubans, the syrians, and people from india. heard it all before...boring
what is their problem?
they should get a life.......or a wr and go riding.

politics, women and religion...there is no answer.
but
i've got some more pics of the ride if you want.

here is a cool river crossing.http://img.photobuck...99/DSC00389.jpg

and another pic from a bridge
http://img.photobuck...99/DSC00390.jpg

if you can make it to here i'll take you riding too.
top spot

• Drunken Monkey

Posted December 30, 2005 - 12:53 AM

i've got some more pics of the ride if you want.

here is a cool river crossing.http://img.photobuck...99/DSC00389.jpg

and another pic from a bridge
http://img.photobuck...99/DSC00390.jpg

if you can make it to here i'll take you riding too.
top spot

Where's that?? looks like QLD!!!

• bluebike1999

Posted December 30, 2005 - 12:58 AM

geez DM we didnt go that far.
about 70-80 km south of Devonport near a place called Cethana (you've never heard of it) and it sure wasnt queensland. not at about 14 degrees celcius tops and less up in the mountains.
magic area.

• Drunken Monkey

Posted December 30, 2005 - 01:01 AM

I get pissed off by the US bashing by the aussies.
We dont have any problems with you guys, why the hell are you folks always calling us cowboys/pussys/homos, etc etc....

Constant namecalling seems to be the MO of a good % of the aussie members...whats up with that? Is it a continent of ill manners?

From what I have read here, you guys tend to push your beliefs on others.
Not a good thing to do. You bag on people like Matty05 then get up set when he pays you out. What gives??? If you give, expect to take!

• Drunken Monkey

Posted December 30, 2005 - 01:03 AM

geez DM we didnt go that far.
about 70-80 km south of Devonport near a place called Cethana (you've never heard of it) and it sure wasnt queensland. not at about 14 degrees celcius tops and less up in the mountains.
magic area.

Stuff you mate, too friggin cold!!!!!
Looks like that up here in Cairns too!

• ARin

Posted December 30, 2005 - 01:10 AM

From what I have read here, you guys tend to push your beliefs on others.
Not a good thing to do. You bag on people like Matty05 then get up set when he pays you out. What gives??? If you give, expect to take!

no no, i wont "push" my beliefs on others...i will however, have a civilized discussion/debate concerning differing points of view...that is healthy.

You wont see me calling anyone a wanker/pussys/redneck, or any other "name" though. I can get my ideas across without resorting to that, i have the mental capacity...and im sure the majority of TT'rs do also...we just need to work on being civil with eachother.

• Drunken Monkey

Posted December 30, 2005 - 01:14 AM

no no, i wont "push" my beliefs on others...i will however, have a civilized discussion/debate concerning differing points of view...that is healthy.

You wont see me calling anyone a wanker/pus5y/redneck, or any other "name" though. I can get my ideas across without resorting to that, i have the mental capacity...and im sure the majority of TT'rs do also...we just need to work on being civil with eachother.

All of you say is your right to use guns and shoot at people. That is just dissapointing to say the least. Poking fun at everyone else about it is nothing to be proud of.

• ARin

Posted December 30, 2005 - 01:28 AM

you will not hear me saying that...nor did you.

i cant be responsible for the posts of other ignorant people. However, if someone was on my property, it would certainly be within MY rights as a US citizen to be armed with a gun if i felt the necessity.

My guns are ONLY for protecting my life, or the life of the people i love, and for that to happen, our lives must FIRST be in imminent danger. Aside from that, my guns are recreation for me...I enjoy target shooting.

There is ZERO justification for MURDERING someone who passes on your land...that is ignorance in its highest form. Now, if someone FORCED their way into my house with the intent to do me or my family HARM...that is a different story..in that case i am ready, willing and able to use a firearm to protect myself and my family...and i would be justified in doing so, according to the laws of my country, and according to my OWN moral beliefs.

Guns can be bad in the wrong hands. However, gun LAWS do NOT disarm the lawless. They only disarm the law-abiding....the very people that NEED those firearms to protect themselves from the lawless.

• bluebike1999

Posted December 30, 2005 - 02:21 AM

c'mon guys, this is a bike forum not a political/gun forum.
I regret inadvertently creating this as i seem to have upset some TTrs that i think are all right blokes. the ones whom i respect most have even said they are sorry for hacking me as i didnt explain myself adequately. which i didnt.
we ride bikes.
surely there must be a gun forum somewhere else.
would you like to see some more pics from my ride?
the part of the ride that doesnt involve guns.....

this forum is way too valuable to let degenerate into a personal battle of opinions on gun ownership and use.
hang on i'll get another video

http://www.zippyvide...22066/mov00009/
this is the one i should have put on...

and this one of us crossing a creek and washed out bridge

http://www.zippyvide...22126/mov00006/

and before anyone goes on about innapropriate use of a public road, this was a very remote area with no traffic whatsoever, yes i did not have all my safety gear on but i did have a helmet and gloves.
geez i feel bad enough for making so many people around the world all p!ssed off.
here is the sign my boy ran into, complete with tyre marks
http://img.photobuck...99/DSC00378.jpg

and here he is not too happy at me taking a pic of him after it.
http://img.photobuck...99/DSC00367.jpg

no guns, tresspassing or misleading text.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.