Another jetting question on my 06.

4 replies to this topic
  • sjwr450

Posted December 29, 2005 - 06:37 PM

I put in the 48 pilot and a Zip ty screw. All else is stock on the settings.

I still get some popping on decel, not backfiring. It is just not as smooth as my 05. I have tried the screw frokm between 1 to 2.5 with no apparent change.

I was thinking of checking:
Float level
Air leak
Possibly the adjustable screw lost the oring?

Thoughts? Has anyone been able to remove the popping completely?

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted December 29, 2005 - 06:48 PM

a slight pop on decel is perfectly normal.trying to eliminate it completely will result in to rich of pilot circuit in most cases.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted December 29, 2005 - 07:07 PM

Check the exhaust flange at the head and the seal where it meets the midpipe section. An exhaust leak will cause the poping.

• WR450F_RDR

Posted December 29, 2005 - 07:33 PM

As noted in another post I tried the 170 main and 48 pilot. I found the setup too rich for my elevation, ended up going 45 pilot and 168 main and about 2 on the fuel screw, It works pretty well for me. I think I will wait until I put after market exhaust on it in order to go to the 170/48 route. Maybe it will help you.
A question I have, is some popping on decel normal for the YZ? On my WR I dont have this popping at all and the bike runs great. I thought it may have something to do with the YZ timing??

• sjwr450

Posted December 29, 2005 - 08:20 PM

I can say it runs awesome otherwise. No problems.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.