WR 426 spputter

3 replies to this topic
  • Derik Tate

Posted December 29, 2005 - 05:24 PM

I have a 02 WR 426, i have always had a small dead spot from idle. If i am at idle and crack the throttle fast it wants to stall. also at 1/2 throttle it has a sputter. My jetting is,
Pilot#42
Main#168
Starter#65
Needle is at #3
Screw out 1 3/4 turns
I am going to set needle at #4 and main up to 170. Am i going the right way? :applause:
I am at 1300 ft and usually ride when its between 30 and 80 degrees.

• Matty05

Posted December 29, 2005 - 06:55 PM

sputter usually rich!

Your pilot looks lean, which would give a dead spot.

Check the jetting sticky, people have got their 426's singing for sure. They use different leak jets and stuff, well worth a try. Just pick out one that has the same conditions as you! Easy!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Derik Tate

Posted December 29, 2005 - 07:53 PM

i changed pilot to #45
main to #170
Started with 1 1/2 turn out on fuel screw and its to late to ride 2nite. But it sounded better no sputter. :applause:

• Matty05

Posted December 29, 2005 - 07:55 PM

enjoy!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.