sweep ????

4 replies to this topic
  • ltrosson

Posted December 29, 2005 - 01:59 PM

what are the benefits of either more or less sweep on your handlebars. Intelligent replies only, since the question is not the same. :applause:

• blue_beast_wins

Posted December 29, 2005 - 02:33 PM

I dont know if my reason is intelligent or not but i use the Pastrana bend because my hands hurt less and i get less arm pump, i think thats a benefit :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SureBlue

Posted December 29, 2005 - 03:18 PM

what are the benefits of either more or less sweep on your handlebars. Intelligent replies only, since the question is not the same. :applause:

Less sweep keeps your elbows up enabling your arms better to act as a damper. Wide bars in general are better for me than narrow bars; I can tell it also from bench press where I press better with a wide than narrow grip.
Bars are however very personal like lever positions (I like to keep my levers almost horizontal), what suits me may not suit you.
Hope this was intelligent enough my friend.

• biznet1

Posted December 29, 2005 - 03:44 PM

Intelligent replies only? What in the hell does "since the question is not the same" mean? The same as what? There isn't much intelligence required, either you prefer a larger sweep or you don't. BTW, an intelligent question doesn't imply that people wanting to help you are stupid.

• ltrosson

Posted December 29, 2005 - 04:53 PM

Biznet, sounds like you got up on the wrong side of the bed, my question to most may not be intelligent, but to me is rather important. If less sweep means my hands will not cramp as bad that is the info I need. I was not trying to offend anyone, but some do not need to be offended to shoe their IQ. :applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.