Texas Riding

6 replies to this topic
  • Eric Henion

Posted December 28, 2005 - 09:18 PM

Hay fellow TTers I will be in Kellen/Ft Hood TX next April to November what is the riding like in that area?

• craft

Posted December 29, 2005 - 04:29 PM

Hay fellow TTers I will be in Kellen/Ft Hood TX next April to November what is the riding like in that area?

What you'll hate about Texas is that we don't have much public land like you guys do in AZ. But, I think the Hill Country (just west of Killeen) riding on the XR is a blast. There's some great County Roads (tarmac and gravel) and scenic highway routes not far from you...If you mx, there's some great tracks within 1.5 hrs as well...I can't imagine you'll have as much as you have out West, but it's still worth bringing the bike. :applause:

• Erik Marquez

Posted December 29, 2005 - 04:43 PM

What you'll hate about Texas is that we don't have much public land like you guys do in AZ. But, I think the Hill Country (just west of Killeen) riding on the XR is a blast. There's some great County Roads (tarmac and gravel) and scenic highway routes not far from you...If you mx, there's some great tracks within 1.5 hrs as well...I can't imagine you'll have as much as you have out West, but it's still worth bringing the bike. :applause:

Having just moved to the Ft Hood area a few weeks ago,, and just had my first ride in the state today,, in fact,, we JUST got back from riding.. I can say,, Public land :bonk: :cry: what the hell is that.

We rode at a place called CTOR, membership only :cry: and not cheap :cry: But it's very close to post, and so far, had some great riding. The property owner does do single day pass for $20.... He prefers you ride with a member,, but, he will allow just non members to ride. There was one today.

PM me when you get here,, If I can get the time off,,, We can go to My new found (and paid for :p ) riding area

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tber

Posted December 29, 2005 - 08:59 PM

just curious, 1st Cav, 4th ID, or Coscom?

• Erik Marquez

Posted December 30, 2005 - 08:25 AM

just curious, 1st Cav, 4th ID, or Coscom?

1CD, 2-5 Cav

• Tber

Posted December 30, 2005 - 06:41 PM

sweet, I was 4/5 ADA back in my Army days

• Eric Henion

Posted December 30, 2005 - 09:15 PM

21st CAV cert with the D model Apaches. My PIG will be street legal by then.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.