Ask the experts!

2 replies to this topic
  • Kenpo1

Posted December 28, 2005 - 11:16 AM

Hopefully you all wont scoff at this, cuz I am genuinely looking for your help.

I sold my CR 250 when I got married two years ago... Got my wife to try out my buddies bike in the field behind his house just recently, long story short, she loved it, wants a bike, which means I'm getting one too (now it will be easy to make the time to ride.)

Anyways, long time 2 stroke rider, I have looked at a couple used CR's, YZ's etc... from 01 to 03. Well, I came across an 03 YZF 450, about 40 hours on it, for what seems like a very competitive price ($2900).

I am very interested, but don't really know what to expect. I know it will be fun at the dunes, and at the track... everyone says so. But, I use to do a little freestyle, nothing amazing, but my buddy has some ramps and tables on his property, and I would like to continue freestyle. Can I do this on a 450? Figured I'd ask the folks who know. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • new2blue450

Posted December 28, 2005 - 02:48 PM

id say stick with the 2 smoke for tricks, but im sure anything you want to do can be done on a a lot easier to ride around with the wife, were on a 2 smoker youd have to wind it all the time....IMO,

• aedwards07

Posted December 28, 2005 - 04:42 PM

In NCIII they backflipped a yz450.

So I say if you want the four stroke it can be used for freestyle.

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.