YZ Timing

No replies to this topic
  • TeamScream

Posted September 03, 2001 - 07:38 PM

Hey...here we go again
Its monday night 8:30 PM and I got the urge to tinker again so I lookup all the info I can find on the YZ timing and started into it. This is a no brainer mod that really is not that hard to do.
I paid special care care not to drop the half ring clip down the cases by stuffing rags and paper towels in the critical areas to catch anything that may fall.
The hardest part was actually getting the cam sprocket to the next link on the chain, you actually have to lift the cam out and pull it forward and twist it a little bit to get the chain to come free enough so that you can rotate the cam. Other than that this was really easy to do and I got the whole thing completed in less than an hour, and it started FIRST kick!
Havent riddin it yet that comes tomorrow....it was 9:00 at night by the time I got finished....Ill let ya know tomorrow (morning) heh!

------------------
01' WR426,YZ timing,stock pipe-no baffle, no airbox lid or gray wire, throttle stop mod,CA Street Legal (sort of) Pure Super Motard w/17 in. wheels, 15/46 gears, waiting for needles and jets

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.