Coolant

15 replies to this topic
  • marcusmoberg

Posted December 27, 2005 - 11:24 PM

I just changed my coolant with Maxima Coolanol.

It's very easy to change!

:applause:

• Matty05

Posted December 27, 2005 - 11:45 PM

I haven't changed my coolant yet, why did you change yours?

• JRAMBO

Posted December 28, 2005 - 12:28 PM

I like to Run Engine Ice.Just changed mine because the fourstokes run hotter figured I would run the good stuff.

• 642MX

Posted December 28, 2005 - 04:38 PM

Mine will puke out anything once it gets hot enough, I quit running engine ice becasue its just too expensive to watch it run out on the ground.

• Matty05

Posted December 28, 2005 - 04:42 PM

Mine will puke out anything once it gets hot enough, I quit running engine ice becasue its just too expensive to watch it run out on the ground.

You have a YZ though and no coolant reservoir tank! My mates have the same problem on their YZ450's. They just have to stop all the time to cool it down.

A good reason to keep the bottle if you have a WR :applause:

• 642MX

Posted December 28, 2005 - 04:48 PM

You have a YZ though and no coolant reservoir tank! My mates have the same problem on their YZ450's. They just have to stop all the time to cool it down.

A good reason to keep the bottle if you have a WR :applause:

Good point. :bonk:

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 28, 2005 - 06:22 PM

Yeah I too boil over Engine Ice from time to time :applause: , gonna get me some of that Evans coolant I keep hearing about.

• Drunken Monkey

Posted December 28, 2005 - 06:25 PM

The YZ is way better through the bush than the WR, but it doesn't like the long hauls too much.

I run a size bigger main jet in the YZ to keep it running cooler when I trail it, I keep a bottle of coolant in my camelbak, I have too. Mine can spew coolant like it can throw rocks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted December 28, 2005 - 06:40 PM

gonna get me some of that Evans coolant I keep hearing about.

:applause: :bonk: :cry: :cry: :cry: :p :lol: NPG-R is the kind ya need,don't forget their flush :bonk:

• Drunken Monkey

Posted December 28, 2005 - 06:47 PM

:applause: :bonk: :cry: :cry: :cry: :p :lol: NPG-R is the kind ya need,don't forget their flush :bonk:

Do you use evans? I heard it was good, better than that engine ice, but I haven't found it anywhere here in australia.

Do you use that two2cool oil stuff too?

• ncmountainman

Posted December 28, 2005 - 07:02 PM

Do you use evans? I heard it was good, better than that engine ice, but I haven't found it anywhere here in australia.

Do you use that two2cool oil stuff too?

evans has a website,just google evans coolant and you'll find it. they may ship internationally. if not zip-ty racing sells it also under their name(a little more $$ though) they may ship overseas? i couldn't keep engine ice in my bike in the tight stuff with the rekluse,the evans level has been the same all summer without adding a drop :bonk: and yes i run 22C, the feel of the rekluse clutch was much improved as is the heat build up. i have tested with a digital gauge hooked up with a sending unit in the oil plug and have tested it a few times with/without and at best found a 18'f drop(fresh oil each time on the same loop,same lap times +-,tested within 20 minutes of each other. now thats with fluidynes and npg-r on my yz,there was a much better drop on my wr(stock rads) that had a real cooling problem but didn't have the test equipment at that time. it definately helps :applause:

• Matty05

Posted December 28, 2005 - 07:19 PM

and yes i run 22C, the feel of the rekluse clutch was much improved as is the heat build up. i have tested with a digital gauge hooked up with a sending unit in the oil plug and have tested it a few times with/without and at best found a 18'f drop(fresh oil each time on the same loop,same lap times +-,tested within 20 minutes of each other. now thats with fluidynes and npg-r on my yz,there was a much better drop on my wr(stock rads) that had a real cooling problem but didn't have the test equipment at that time. it definately helps :applause:

How does it work???? I was thinking it changed viscosity, but I have no clue.

Hey pissed ferret, you can get it here, I have seen it at autobarn or supercheap or something. You can get that two2cool from terry hay racetech suspension.

• marcusmoberg

Posted December 28, 2005 - 10:53 PM

I changed it because it was time to change it!

You are supposed to change it every 2 years.

:applause:

• Matty05

Posted December 28, 2005 - 11:28 PM

Oh, I see! mine only 8 months old.........

• kevin1209

Posted December 29, 2005 - 06:09 AM

The website you want is www.evanscooling.com.
The products are NPG-R @ $27.75/gal and the Prep Fluid @ $23.75/gal.
ncmountainman recommended it to me almost a year ago after my 98 WR400 kept boiling over. Since I started using this stuff, I've had no boil-overs, even riding in the August Texas heat (110 degrees). It's a little pricey, but it WORKS! :applause:

• ncmountainman

Posted December 29, 2005 - 06:38 AM

How does it work???? I was thinking it changed viscosity, but I have no clue.

Hey pissed ferret, you can get it here, I have seen it at autobarn or supercheap or something. You can get that two2cool from terry hay racetech suspension.

its been a while since i researched the evans but it eliminates molar cavitation (i think thats the what they called it?) in the water jackets of the cylinder. apparantly anything with water in it is prone to this(50/50,engine ice,etc) what happens is it starts to boil in spots around the cylinder leaving air space instead of coolant ,this raises the overall temps and it all goes down hill from there :bonk: the evans does not have any water and keeps contact with the hot stuff ,transferring more heat;even though it has a little bit less efficiency than water :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.