XR650L Terra-Tire Fitting question...

2 replies to this topic
  • bluerock5

Posted December 27, 2005 - 06:31 PM

I'm installing my first Terra-Tire on my bike and do you have to remove the alum. bracket that holds the chain guard on the left hand side? I'm assuming you can lop it off with a dremel tool. Thanks in advance with this and any other tips you have on mounting the Terra-tire.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • roadcam

Posted December 28, 2005 - 08:51 AM

I have read posts here, where they took off the chainguard to install the tire, then put the chainguard back on, so evidently they didnt lop it off .. hope thats some help :applause:

• cheff

Posted December 28, 2005 - 11:11 AM

My chain guard was gone with the first Teraflex. If you don't remove it the tire will do it for you eventually. You pretty much have to get everything out of the way to get that monster in there, but you don't have to grind the chain guard mounting points.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.