Will "Mini" bend bars fit?

6 replies to this topic
  • Dutch

Posted December 27, 2005 - 05:47 PM

Is the distance between the clamps on mini's the same as the WR?

• Matty05

Posted December 27, 2005 - 05:59 PM

Buy some new ones man, don't pinch your son's when he is at school just to go for a ride! :applause:

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 27, 2005 - 08:28 PM

I can tell you this...... I put a full size set of Pro Tapers (cut down) on my sons RM85 but the bike has a Pro Taper top clamp on it but it should be set for mini bars, so in short, I would say yes :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted December 27, 2005 - 08:29 PM

Is the distance between the clamps on mini's the same as the WR?

Gots to ask why? :applause:

• Dutch

Posted December 28, 2005 - 04:04 AM

I live up in Northern Michigan where we cut the handlebar down to 29” or so to fit between the trees. I see Protapers for mini’s start out that width and was thinking it would leave me more room for the clutch/brake not having to chop them up.

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 28, 2005 - 09:48 AM

Yeah I know what you mean, same story up here in Western Washington and when I cut down my Pro tapers you start running into the tapered part of the bar with your perches.

Good Idea :applause:

• mtrablue

Posted December 28, 2005 - 04:35 PM

some do, some don't. are you going to be using pro tapers on this bike? i run the standard 7/8 bars and have found that renthal lists it's bar dimensions, including the clamping area. i run the yz80 (not 85) renthal bar. it's pretty close to a CR high but is 29" wide and about 1/2" taller (depending on who's you compare them to).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.