Billet open end cap exhaust tip

2 replies to this topic
  • zackary

Posted December 27, 2005 - 05:22 PM

Relative to the $100 HRC end piece, ebay stores has a cute billet one promising 3x the flow of stock for $42. Has anyone used one of these on an uncorked bike and willing ot share impressions? I'm running uncorked, w/ the upgraded needle, 68s, and a 160 main, since I'm at 8,300 feet in CO. I'll need a higher flow filter and some pipe modification next... BTW, Its pulling very strong in the mid now as it starts winding , but flattens out on top . thx...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mtrhd101

Posted December 28, 2005 - 01:37 AM

I've seen those too, they look pretty good.. I have a pipe with the HRC and there is nothing too special looking about it.. They would probably work fine..

• Hoverboy

Posted December 28, 2005 - 07:24 AM

Relative to the $100 HRC end piece, ebay stores has a cute billet one promising 3x the flow of stock for $42. Has anyone used one of these on an uncorked bike and willing ot share impressions? I'm running uncorked, w/ the upgraded needle, 68s, and a 160 main, since I'm at 8,300 feet in CO. I'll need a higher flow filter and some pipe modification next... BTW, Its pulling very strong in the mid now as it starts winding , but flattens out on top . thx...

I bought one of these when I had my XR250R, and they work great, and look great, too. The screen that comes on it isn't attached very well, and after taking the tip off twice, the screen fell off. The other thing that I didn't like about it was it makes the exhaust note very raspy and annoying. But, that may or may not be the case on the 650, as they are apples and oranges. Good item for the money, though. It definitely improves the looks of the stock exhaust.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  186 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  159 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.