need a header heat shield...

10 replies to this topic
  • new2blue450

Posted December 27, 2005 - 01:00 PM

burned a new pair of pants :applause: ....any how i need the heat shield for the header. (04 450) some one please let me know where i could get one!!! thanks

• Matt96xr6

Posted December 27, 2005 - 01:04 PM

ebay. You can find stock fit ones or universal ones for the YZs.

Look for " yz carbon"

• new2blue450

Posted December 27, 2005 - 01:22 PM

no joy...but they did have carbon fiber stuff for everything else...unless i am just e-tarded...

• Jetsprint2

Posted December 27, 2005 - 01:34 PM

I got mine on ebay. Check my "garage" and you will see it.

• Matt96xr6

Posted December 27, 2005 - 02:16 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

I am sure the seller has more. There is another guy that sells just like the stocker, but carbon fiber. They are usually about $40 though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sldietz

Posted December 27, 2005 - 02:30 PM

eline.
http://www.elineaccessories.com/

Carbon fiber...$99...but worth it for the header protection and saving your pants.

I have one mounted on my FMF Ti header.

http://www.thumperta...achmentid=10090

You have to be aware of the ones from ebay...they use very little carbon and more fiberglass resin...weaker product...I'd order it directly from Eline..thick carbon fiber...great product.

• new2blue450

Posted December 27, 2005 - 03:54 PM

i found one at qualitysmart.com...thanks guys. btw, they have good prices. $77 for the carbon fiber shield....update y'all on quality if your interested.

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted December 27, 2005 - 04:32 PM

Jeez you guys, just wrap the header and the mid pipe with header wrap (TT sells it). Not only will you stop risking 3rd degree burns from the header, you will make a 1/4 more hp.

• Matt96xr6

Posted December 27, 2005 - 05:20 PM

You have to be aware of the ones from ebay...they use very little carbon and more fiberglass resin...weaker product...I'd order it directly from Eline..thick carbon fiber...great product.

As always buyer beware. But I have never had an issues with the CF parts off ebay. I have a header sheild on my 250F 05 with the RacePro system. No problem, super thick and still looks good.

• phat_450f

Posted December 27, 2005 - 05:22 PM

Yep I agree header wrap is the bomb. I have it on my bike and love it. Never had a problem with it at all. Plus its cheaper than the other guards.

• mightymouse291

Posted December 27, 2005 - 06:19 PM

FMF sells a clamp on model in stainless and titanium that is universal fit 34.95 to 49.99. Put mine on the 426 and stopped burning my pants

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.