Source for Acerbis Tanks

15 replies to this topic
  • Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted December 27, 2005 - 12:41 PM

Since Acerbis only sells thru dealers and Rocky Mt and Chaparrall dont seem to carry this tank for the 04 WR, who does that is reliable and comp. on price.
and I can order via the net.
My local delaer is not an option, as I wont buy from them.

Thanks in advance.

• markyjoe

Posted December 27, 2005 - 02:14 PM

Bought mine here through the TT store. $199 and no shipping charge.

• moach1

Posted December 27, 2005 - 05:45 PM

same here tt under 200 to my door

• Seabass

Posted December 27, 2005 - 06:01 PM

The only Acerbis tank I saw in the TT store was for an older YZ. Where did you guys find your tanks at? I've been thinking about getting rid of my IMS and going with the Acerbis tank.

• hotthrottle613

Posted December 27, 2005 - 06:22 PM

I got mine through www.bajadesigns.com. About $170. 3.3 gallons, works great.

• Seabass

Posted December 27, 2005 - 06:42 PM

When I looked up "Fuel Tanks" in the Baja Designs online catalog it only listed IMS fuel tanks. But in the back of the catalog they have a section showing all the parts they sell for the WR, and lo and behold, the Acerbis tank is listed. :applause:

• Matty05

Posted December 27, 2005 - 07:28 PM

The GYT-R 12.9L tank is Acrebis.
So just go to your yamaha dealer!

• markyjoe

Posted December 28, 2005 - 07:57 AM

The only Acerbis tank I saw in the TT store was for an older YZ. Where did you guys find your tanks at? I've been thinking about getting rid of my IMS and going with the Acerbis tank.

I called the TT toll free number and they helped me out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 28, 2005 - 08:18 AM

The TT boys can get you the tank...

• moach1

Posted December 28, 2005 - 11:17 AM

yup i just called them and had the tank a few days later.

• Seabass

Posted December 28, 2005 - 02:14 PM

The GYT-R 12.9L tank is Acrebis.
So just go to your yamaha dealer!

I heard the Yamaha dealer will charge more for the GYT-R tank than the Acerbis tank. Yeah, I know they're the same!!

• Matty05

Posted December 28, 2005 - 02:47 PM

I heard the Yamaha dealer will charge more for the GYT-R tank than the Acerbis tank. Yeah, I know they're the same!!

Just get the RRP and show them that! Dealers piss me off too. You can always talk them down on price.

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted December 29, 2005 - 08:18 AM

BajaDesigns
Said Scotts bought Acerbis and that the tank was discontinued???????????
I am not claiming either is true, although the TT store seemed to confirm some sort of arrangement between Scotts and Acerbis USA.
That would stink if IMS was the sole source of tanks right now unless IMS gets their fit and finish back up to spec.
Clarke tank is only a 2.8 so why spend the cash for .2 gallons more.

FYI I did get 85 miles out of the stocker recently, but I purposely paid attention to how I was riding as I was way out and couldnt afford to run out. Although I did bring a handle bar/cross bar mounted Maier 2 quart jug for insurance, which Maier no longer makes either.
Will have to wait until monday to find out whats going on and if the Acerbis tank is still in production.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 29, 2005 - 08:43 AM

TOP, my dealer is a good friend of mine and one of my riding buddies. He told me that the Acerbis tanks were on backorder..... :applause: You might be on to something........ The GYT-R tanks are available though.. Better get one quick..... :bonk:

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 29, 2005 - 08:48 AM

That would stink if IMS was the sole source of tanks right now unless IMS gets their fit and finish back up to spec.

Clarke tank is only a 2.8 so why spend the cash for .2 gallons more.

Yes it would stink... My last IMS was a pile.....

The only reason I can think someone would buy the Clarke is to have the drybreak feature or a natural finish. Clarke makes great tanks just not the one we all need....... A true 4 gallon...

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted December 29, 2005 - 08:54 AM

I just found one in stock with Motosport Outlet $199 plus free shipping, so I took it. Everyone else told me its on back order too. Started to panick, with the WORCS races and AZ cross country series starting up here soon I didnt want to be stuck with the stocker. And re-purchasing an IMS was not an option. Unless I wanted to be burned alive. :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.