spark arrestor problems

2 replies to this topic
  • strippedthread1

Posted December 27, 2005 - 08:37 AM

I have a new fmf powercore 4 on the pig and after maybe 15 hours the spark arrestor screen is blown out. Is this normal to wear out this fast? Are there any tricks out there to replace the screen, maybe something from Lowes or Home Depot, or am I stuck paying $20 to buy one from the manufacturer?
Thanks for any help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rippinroche

Posted December 28, 2005 - 08:35 PM

Give fmf a call they should stand behind it. I had a fmf pipe on a cr 250 that cracked on the welds so i called fmf and they were happy to replace it that was 10 years ago not sure how they are today good luck

• nate992v

Posted December 29, 2005 - 07:35 AM

I have the exact pipe on my xr600r, with countless hours on it. No issues, except that one of the cap bolts rusted while the others aren't. Sounds like the screen was just bad. I'd give them a call.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.