Acerbis 6 Gal Bar/Top clamp Clearance!!

2 replies to this topic
  • Dune7

Posted December 27, 2005 - 08:19 AM

Just fitted a 6.0 gal Sahara Tank to to my XR650R. What I have found though is that I can't get my steering full lock without pushing into the tank. I do not have "raisers" on the bars and they also have the Acerbis Hand guards on and the bar clamps for thiose also touch the tank. Question: How do I get around this ? Is there a fix for this. There is about another 5 mm to full lock when it touches the tank. My fear is if I take a tumble it could damage the Tank.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikekay

Posted December 27, 2005 - 05:19 PM

three things:

1) add the risers.
2) drill and tap a bolt into the stop on the steering stem part of the frame.
3) buy and install the lower support braces between the skid plate bolts and the lower radiator bolts.

1xinternational.com sells the support braces for the tank. they where invented by Johnny Campbells brother for his attempt at the dakar rallye with that bike and tank. Sometimes Precision Concepts has the braces.

if you have the fluidyne radiators you will have to weld an extension on the braces....

• Dune7

Posted January 01, 2006 - 03:59 AM

Cool! thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.