Free mods done...WOW!

5 replies to this topic
  • kevin1209

Posted December 27, 2005 - 07:46 AM

I've seen endless posts about all the free mods to do on these bikes, but never witnessed a before/after ride. My '04 WR450 was bone stock when I bought it, and it was a DOG! :bonk: I have it for sale, so I thought I would do the free mods just to help the performance. I cut the gray wire, throttle stop, and air box. I also uncorked the exhaust. This is a totally different bike! :applause: Before, my '98 WR400 would smoke this thing, but now it's a close race. If the bike wasn't so damn tall I would keep it, but I already have my '98 lowered and shaved to fit me. If anyone's interested, $3,500 bucks will make it yours. Pics are in the FOR SALE Forum. PM me for info.
Thanks to everyone for all the posts about the free mods. It's amazing that 1-1/2 hours of work and $0.00 changed the bike completely. :cry:

• xcracer123

Posted December 27, 2005 - 02:27 PM

Sell them both and get yourself an 05 or 06 model. They shorter and more flickable than either of your other bikes.

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 27, 2005 - 02:34 PM

Yes the 2005/6 Wrs come pre shortened from the factory with less suspension travel and much lower seat! Great for us short guys! :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Drunken Monkey

Posted December 28, 2005 - 06:45 PM

Wait to '07 to get a WR!
New bike kicks ass!

• TAD38

Posted December 28, 2005 - 08:00 PM

Can you tell me what and where exactly the "Grey" wire is located, I have my factory book to refer to. Thanks
2005 WR450f

• Matty05

Posted December 28, 2005 - 09:49 PM

Can you tell me what and where exactly the "Grey" wire is located, I have my factory book to refer to. Thanks
2005 WR450f

take off the tank, and you will see 2 looms coming off the ignition. The grey wire is between the red/black and blue/white wires and behind the black/white wire in the 6 wire harness under the frame

It is not in the manual, but look here:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.