new hot start lever?

4 replies to this topic
  • falshh

Posted December 24, 2005 - 11:06 PM

I got a set of the asv levers I think they were the f1, they are nice for a good price but I didnt like the fact you had to cut and modify the original dust guard on the clutch to make it fit.Also there was no hot start lever, I picked up the Dr.D hot start lever that mounts on the back of the brake lever. I dont see any way to adapt the original dust cover to the new hot start lever, are you guys running them without the dust guard.Also the cable on the hot start doesnt seem to want to spring load back very well anymore.
Thanks in advance for any input.

I run the sand track alot and dont want sand getting into my cable sleeves!

• grayracer513

Posted December 25, 2005 - 12:02 AM

Check your routing and lube the cable well for the returning problem. We run a Dr.D on the 250F with no trouble, just like it comes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted December 25, 2005 - 08:04 AM

Like said run it without the cover. Clean the cable often and use like a chain wax to lube the cable. It dries so sand is less prone to stick to it.

but sand gets EVERYWHERE no matter what. Get use to that.

• snowboardstylee

Posted December 25, 2005 - 12:07 PM

best set up i found. works connection elite perch with hot start, with short ASV F3 lever (part # CMF36-S) or you can get it without the hot start and move the hot start to the brake side of things. your choice.
no need to cut any dust shields remove anything that shuldnt be removed and you can still adjust the lever

• falshh

Posted December 25, 2005 - 07:31 PM

thanks guys, for the input I might just get a new hot start cable and change out the plastic attachment at the carb at the same time.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.